So i was loitering around in my local music-go-round as I like to do every few weeks and I saw a beautiful squire classic vibe tele, the 50's vintage one. Wow. I was very very impressed, and it was in great shape and they were selling it for $250. Unfortunately I just blew about a hundred dollars on some other crap a few weeks ago so I'm down to about $100. I reaally want that tele. I had originally been planning on a strat as my next guitar but this thing played fantastic. I played it into a VHT with a reissue pro-co rat and the crunch was just amazing. My current gear is in my sig so it's very similar, instead i've got a v5 and a rat2. So I've been considering trading in my ibanez, which is about 380 new, i bought it new for 330 no too long ago. obviously it's humbuckers vs single coils, and i have a newly discovered love of single coils so that's not a problem. I like the look of the tele and I like my ibanez, but it's getting a little boring haha. So what do you think? I figure they'd probably give me about 150 for my ibanez+hard shell case which I know is a rip off but I can never find any buyers for my equipment. So if I wanted, I could go pick the tele up tommorow. I like it but not sure how the squire will hold up, what do you think? Worth the trade? Should I maybe bring my amp in to see how it sounds through it? thanks guys

Edit:Forgot to mention; I play blues, indie, and classic/modern/hard rock.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Last edited by theponz at Oct 2, 2011,
if i googled correctly ur current guitar is a semi-hollow body. i think the tele would be more versatile for you. granted it won't quite sound like a semi hollow but personally i don't really care for them. i think you'd be happy with the tele. look at john 5 for example. he plays EVERYTHING with a tele. it is his only guitar.
I know it is a semi-hollow and I like it, particularly aesthetically, but it's not a must have. But yes I've always thought single coils were a bit more versatile.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by andrerist
if i googled correctly ur current guitar is a semi-hollow body. i think the tele would be more versatile for you. granted it won't quite sound like a semi hollow but personally i don't really care for them. i think you'd be happy with the tele. look at john 5 for example. he plays EVERYTHING with a tele. it is his only guitar.

The only John5 Tele I've seen was a Tele that had EMG's, which doe snot give that Tele twang and sound, and IMO, makes your argument invalid.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I have a music go round in my town and here is the thing, save your money and eventually you'll be able to find a used MIM telecaster or strat for around that same price. Impulse buys are always a bad idea
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
i would hardly call teles versatile. i have owned at least six or seven on them with all sorts of pickups, and they nail the country and blues quite awesomely, although i have never been satisfied with the bridge position of the tele so i used mainly middle and neck. i have read that the only way to own a tele is to do the four position switch rewire.

i find i liking a strat when i like single coils for blues,and a LP for other blues tones. the only nice thing about a MIM tele is that everybody on my CL is wanting one so its huge amo to get better gear. hence why i have owned six or seven and currently dont own one.

they are nice guitars, but have a very limited use IMO. however if the right one comes along for the right price i will pick it up without hesitation.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A standard tele isn't versatile, and it's not made to be versatile. They often come with twangy single coils, suitable for country and blues, and only have 2 pickups. They don't usually have a route for any other kind of pickup than a single coil, so if you want more versatility, you can either route the guitar and add a humbucker, or install a single coil sized humbucker. Fender does, however, make a 4 position tele switch that allows you to put the 2 single coils into series, effectively creating a more humbucker like tone, but it's still won't be the real deal.
$250 isn't a whole lot at all. And you can definitely find them much cheaper than that used (not at a store). I suggest just saving up and getting it, and keeping your Ibanez.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would hardly call teles versatile. i have owned at least six or seven on them with all sorts of pickups, and they nail the country and blues quite awesomely, although i have never been satisfied with the bridge position of the tele so i used mainly middle and neck.

Really? I thought the bridge was very good. I guess I should have tried a few other genre's. However I have decided to wait a bit, my birthday is in about a month, I had just heard such good things about the CV's and this one was very good and at a price that is pretty hard to regret. Who knows, if it's still there in a month I'll most likely pick it up. If not I'm still waiting for a nice mim strat to come into that shop. I also have a crap epiphone lp and crate amp I'm waiting to trade/sell.

The ibanez you speak of you have any more information? as i have £300 quid to blow i would give you 300 for the ibanez and case for decent condition bro
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Ok dude
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Quote by AWACS
The only John5 Tele I've seen was a Tele that had EMG's, which doe snot give that Tele twang and sound, and IMO, makes your argument invalid.

maybe its about time to take a look at his stuff a bit more then... because he plays dimarzio's in just about every single one of his tele's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_3sHlZUqR8
Quote by dafto
The ibanez you speak of you have any more information? as i have £300 quid to blow i would give you 300 for the ibanez and case for decent condition bro

google would probably explain it better than I, Not the typical ibanez, its a matte black semi hollow, two humbuckers. Also I imagine shipping a guitar to the uk or wherever in Europe you are haha, would be a bit of a pain in the arse.