Page 1 of 2
So GG&A, for now I guess I'm fine with my guitar and amp so I figure I'd ask you what I want. I have about $200, MAYBE $250 at most and am wondering what to get. Don't suggest amp, cab, or guitar. My current pedals are a Metal Muff, Crybaby, a few overdrives, a PB&J, a PODxt, and a chorus pedal. I play a tiny bit of everything, but for the majority I play metal, hard rock, and classical. No real guidelines as long as it's in the price range (and not something stupid like 83 packs of picks).
buy new fingers, it will help your tone immensely
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by ethan_hanus
Save up for a new amp.

+1
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Grawgos
What guitar and what pickups in it?

what amp and still stock speaker?

Les Paul with a SD JB and a Dimarzio SD.

Rhoads with EMG 60/81TW.

JCA20 Amp with a Marshall Cab (NOT MG).

I'm happy with my sound, more want stuff to mess around with. And there's no save option.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Les Paul with a SD JB and a Dimarzio SD.

Rhoads with EMG 60/81TW.

JCA20 Amp with a Marshall Cab (NOT MG).

I'm happy with my sound, more want stuff to mess around with. And there's no save option.

Ebow
Capo
Slide
Or...save your money?

Just a thought.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Or...save your money?

Just a thought.

This.

What's the point in spending your money on something you don't even know what that something should be?
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Quote by xgunterx
This.

What's the point in spending your money on something you don't even know what that something should be?

NO SAVE OPTION. Read that. It was already said. There is no way at all I can save the money.

Is there any looper that's so easy that anyone can use it (like, easy as one of the Digitech RP multifx pedal ones)?
The G3 has a great 40 sec looper and the only multifx that has an internal drum machine that syncs to the looper.
sell/throw away all your cables and upgrade.

a bunch of true bypass mods
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Got bumped up to $350. Thinking of a used RC2 ($100) and either a Lil' Nightrain or Blackstar HT1RH. Someone talk me into something better. Byoguitar kit? Ebow? Some fun pedal?
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Oct 3, 2011,
POG2. Have fun.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Boss re-20 space echo.
Why? Do you have someone putting a gun to your head and saying, "Okay, see, this is how it's gonna play out, see. You spend all your money or my buddies here are gonna put a bullet through ya head. Ya see, nyeh." I doubt it.

Don't just buy something for the sake of it, that's ridiculous. Save it and put it towards something useful later on down the track.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
I'd buy a zoom g3 (if it sounds as good as people say) and a tc electronics Polytuner
He's got plenty of guitars, like he said. Don't know how many amps he has though...
POG2. Have fun.

Did not like a single sound from it, but good suggestion.

Boss re-20 space echo.

Sounded decent, but I'm not a fan of that much reverb and already have a delay.

Why? Do you have someone putting a gun to your head and saying, "Okay, see, this is how it's gonna play out, see. You spend all your money or my buddies here are gonna put a bullet through ya head. Ya see, nyeh." I doubt it.

Don't just buy something for the sake of it, that's ridiculous. Save it and put it towards something useful later on down the track.

If I don't use the money, I'll lose it, so why not use it? Go away now.

I'd buy a zoom g3 (if it sounds as good as people say) and a tc electronics Polytuner

Already have the Pod for effects. The tuner would be an EXCELLENT suggestion if I were gigging, so I may get that (starting a band or 4 up soon).

He's got plenty of guitars, like he said. Don't know how many amps he has though...

JCA20 and a Pod hooked up to my small sound system. Plus a few old 70's starter amps that sound like absolute crap so those don't count.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Wisthekiller

If I don't use the money, I'll lose it, so why not use it? Go away now.

What kind of logic is that? I'm trying to give you some worthwhile advice mate. I used to be like you, i'd get paid and I'd just go out and buy random crap I never really needed and then selling half my rig because they were things I didn't need.

Save your money. Wait until something comes up where you say, "Oh damn...I have to have that", and purchase it with the money you saved.

Or do whatever I don't give a f*ck.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by institutions
Why buy something cheap that you want, when you can save for something expensive that you need?

But that's the thing, he doesn't know what he wants or needs which is why this thread is silly.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Why does he need something? Just because he has money to spend doesn't mean he has to spend it right away. Save up for something else that's not guitar related.
Why would I spend it on something not guitar related? And since you guys must know, it's because I have a limit of $350 of stuff for my birthday (next week) and what money I don't get used, I just don't get, or don't get anything for. Yes I'm a stupid kid, but tell me what to get, don't lecture me on saving money.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Why would I spend it on something not guitar related? And since you guys must know, it's because I have a limit of $350 of stuff for my birthday (next week) and what money I don't get used, I just don't get, or don't get anything for. Yes I'm a stupid kid, but tell me what to get, don't lecture me on saving money.

Well that changes it completely then. Why wouldn't you tell us that from the start...?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
If you don't know what to get then you don't need anything, do you?
Quote by Wisthekiller
Didn't think I'd need to and that you guys would be happy telling a stupid kid to blow his money on gear!

It's all good dude, not trying to be ass, just telling it how it is because I used to do the same thing

Get onto Pro Guitar Shop's youtube channel, check out some of the crazy pedals on there and pick one out.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
It's all good dude, not trying to be ass, just telling it how it is because I used to do the same thing

Get onto Pro Guitar Shop's youtube channel, check out some of the crazy pedals on there and pick one out.

No problem man.

Um... 797 videos... any recommendations?
Quote by Wisthekiller
No problem man.

Um... 797 videos... any recommendations?

A pot of coffee, some tasty food and a lot of free time. Click a random video and just start surfing.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
An MXR blue box is pretty entertaining if you're into possessed atari's...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
glass slide
/blues

buy a pedal or 2.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
ok let's go this route. think about the songs you are currently playing and ask yourself is there a sound that i can't get with my current setup. just asking for a bunch of pedals (and then shooting down most of them) isn't productive and will get you exactly the kinds of joke answers you've gotten (entertaining for us not so much for you). if you want big boy advice then act like one and you'll get it.
FFS, if he wants to blow some cash on gear, why rain on his parade? I have crazy amounts of money tied up in gear I don't really NEED... I think most people on these forums do as well.

On topic, I have a friend who got a lil' night train and loves it.

I kinda skimmed through the posts here, so if some of this has been suggested already, my bad.

Could upgrade pickups on a guitar.

Carbon copy delay. Very nice delay pedal.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Page 1 of 2