Hey guys I'm currently on the look out for compact delay pedals....
I'm just lookin for something to add on, I already have a GT-8....that's why I only need it to be compact....plus there are times I dont wanna drag the gt-8 everywhere....

So, preferably analog suggestions, since the gt is already a digital beast...also, I need something with at least 500-600ms of delay speed...something that works well with clean settings and slightly dirty settings (since i work with delay mostly in these type of settings)..budget..?? Around 150-200 US dollars....

Currently I'm lookin at the Carbon Copy....

Any favourites you guys have out there that fit my description....?? I wanna test out as many delay pedals before I get it.....

Thanks....!!!
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Malekko 616, hhmmmm I have not tested that out yet....will do...!! Can ya give me a short description of its specs and sound...??
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
I haven't actually played it personally I'm afraid. Check out the clips of it from Tone Factor and Pro Guitar Shop. It does sound very tasty though. I'm torn between it and the TC actually.
Yeah, I'm lookin at the Pro Guitar Shop demo now.....it really is a sweet pedal....now I just gotta sit down with it and test it and compare it against the rest....I like the fact that the modulation settings are right there on it, as opposed to the CC where you have to adjust it inside...
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
The interesting part is the button for True Bypass....most people WANT TB, they give you the option to have it or not have it with a press of a button....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
I'm trying to decide between the TC Electronics Flashback and the Boss DD-7. IMO they are the best for the price.
ragingben - Pretty useless...?? Why so...?? Sounds like it does some nice chorus like and vibrato like mods.....

RockGuitarist09 - If I were deciding between those two I think I would lean towards the Flashback delay....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
Malekko 616, hhmmmm I have not tested that out yet....will do...!! Can ya give me a short description of its specs and sound...??

Google, surprisingly would be able to help with that

I loved my 616. Really nice delay, not the purest you can get by any stretch.
If I was going to get another one I'd get the lo-fi version they're coming out with.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I own a Boss DD-20, MXR Carbon Copy, Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay, and a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. Best in your price range is probably the Memory Lane Jr. It's the first analog delay with a tap tempo. It sounds awesome. kills the carbon copy.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

TC nova repeater.....
SimpleBen - YEah man, I googled it already...thanks man...checking out the lo-fi version now....

Kracdown - Damn the Memory Lane Jr looks sweet....the problem I have over here is that no one is distributing them, so I cant test it out myself....

mmjohn - noted...thanks....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Just get something with tap tempo.

Get the carbon copy if you want short echoes to fill in space, thats all its good for.

tap tempo

tap tempo

Are you playing live?

TAP TEMPO
Dmaj7 - Well it's like I mentioned above mate....see, I already have a gt-8, and that's what I use when playing live, this is just to add more colour to the existing delay when i need and also when I dont want to drag the GT around when playing acoustic sets or when I'm in my room or when i'm doing some recording....so, tap tempo is not necessary, modulation is a plus point, and i love the warm decay of an analog delay....also I need at least 500-600ms worth of delay speed....so delays with the max of 300ms like the aqua puss or the Ibanez analog delay is definitely out of the shopping list....

And that's why I also mentioned that I would prefer analog suggestions, not that I'm not open to other digital suggestions, the GT is already handling that department very well.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
The EHX Memory Toy is worth a look. It's analog delay with up to 550ms delay time and is extremely cheap and small plus has true bypass.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I'm trying to decide between the TC Electronics Flashback and the Boss DD-7. IMO they are the best for the price.

TC Nova repeater.

Although genres would help, and bands whos sound you like
I don't know if you want a digital delay or analog

muledit:
Quote by Dmaj7

Get the carbon copy if you want short echoes to fill in space, thats all its good for.

tap tempo

tap tempo

Are you playing live?

TAP TEMPO

Tap tempo isn't always needed, do you understand that?

And I don't like the CC, the malleko is WAY better IMO [looking at analog delays]
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Oct 4, 2011,
I hear the Nova Repeater doesnt have true bypass.......true...??
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
By the way, anyone here has any experience with the Joe Satriani Vox Time machine...??
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by kracdown
Best in your price range is probably the Memory Lane Jr. It's the first analog delay with a tap tempo. It sounds awesome. kills the carbon copy.

The ML jr is digital, not analog
Quote by Dmaj7

tap tempo

tap tempo

Are you playing live?

TAP TEMPO

I couldn't disagree more. I use my CC with my clean sound to make it really spacey, and on a few solos where I want really long trails.

Tap temp isn't always needed.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kennethdave

true bypass isn't best. buffers and true bypass =/= as the other.

joe satriani time machine isn't anything special.

honestly, throw the whole "i need analog cause i haz digital mfxzorz" out the window. digital and analog =/= each other. they are just different.

and explain what your current board is like. you say you don't always want to lug the gt8 around everywhere. are you gigging? do you use more than one effect? do you have other pedals than just the gt8? because some of what your saying doesn't necessarily make sense.

if all you use is delay and the dirt in your amp, just get something like the timeline, dl4, nova (something with multiple presets and such).
Quote by kumamilesbear
I couldn't disagree more. I use my CC with my clean sound to make it really spacey, and on a few solos where I want really long trails.

Tap temp isn't always needed.

But your also one of those people that defend the gear they have just because they have it
If it's warm analog delay you're looking for, you won't do better than the Deluxe Memory Man in my opinion. I had one from the early 80's stupidly sold it, and have just got another of the old style (thank god for ebay!) lol But the DMM really is the business, and the chorus and vibrato are also really good too.
Quote by kennethdave

I thought it had a true bypass and a buffered bypass mode, but either way true bypass =/= best.

Again what genres do you play?
Do you want crisp u2 like digital repeats?
Or warm analog repeats?
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Dmaj7
But your also one of those people that defend the gear they have just because they have it

I'm not though.
I tested out a lot of delays, both digital and analog, before deciding on the CC. It did, and still does, what I want it to do. Was it a little overpriced? Yes. Do I regret it? No, not at all.

I have a lot of stuff I don't particularly like, or would at least prefer to be different. I have a Digitech flanger that I paid my friend 25 dollars for. It's a good flanger, but I'm not that into flangers as an effect.
I'm not too fond of the speakers in my bass cab. Everything else about my bass rig is perfect for me. I just wish I had 15 inch, or even 12 inch speakers, as opposed to 10 inch speakers.

Don't pigeonhole me without knowing me.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by 00_hns_00
true bypass isn't best. buffers and true bypass =/= as the other.

joe satriani time machine isn't anything special.

honestly, throw the whole "i need analog cause i haz digital mfxzorz" out the window. digital and analog =/= each other. they are just different.

and explain what your current board is like. you say you don't always want to lug the gt8 around everywhere. are you gigging? do you use more than one effect? do you have other pedals than just the gt8? because some of what your saying doesn't necessarily make sense.

if all you use is delay and the dirt in your amp, just get something like the timeline, dl4, nova (something with multiple presets and such).

Aite, let me explain it even further......

I know clearly that digital and analog =/= to each other....I know they are different....BUT, I am looking for an analog pedal specifically, because that's the type of sound that I like....I'm not one of the suckers that go, "OMG DIGITAL'S A BIATCH, ANALOG'S AN ORGASM PRODUCING MACHINE".....they both have their own characteristics that help you colour your sound.....

You see, I only have the gt-8.....Sometimes I tend to like things to be organic, meaning the simpler the better, the classic plug guitar into amp and rock away...my amp has all the effects needed on it, to be specific it's a Roland Cube 60..... when I dont feel like bringing gt-8, or my setlist doesnt require anything fancy, I would just bring my amp and a footswitch and just change my settings manually by going to amp and changing it.....

The only effect that is my favourite, which you would have guessed by now, is Delay, and I defintely want a degree of control for that effect, since my amp places delay and reverb in one freakin knob.....and I tend to use the reverb on the amp, thus I need a delay pedal....also, now with the added delay pedal, i can add a subdelay together with my gt.....

So, I'm basically asking for a few decent suggestions, so that I can test out as many of them personally before i make a purchase.....

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, I had a rough day over here.....thanks for your input man....

Quote by Ichabod Crane
If it's warm analog delay you're looking for, you won't do better than the Deluxe Memory Man in my opinion. I had one from the early 80's stupidly sold it, and have just got another of the old style (thank god for ebay!) lol But the DMM really is the business, and the chorus and vibrato are also really good too.

Will definitely check that out man....thanks....!!

Quote by mulefish
I thought it had a true bypass and a buffered bypass mode, but either way true bypass =/= best.

Again what genres do you play?
Do you want crisp u2 like digital repeats?
Or warm analog repeats?

Aahhh, I see.....thanks.....

I play loads of stuff man.....metal, blues, classic rock, mainstream, christian....almost everything really....but those are just for fun....I dont really cover a lot of artist...I always look to find my own sound and use the effects in my own way.....

I definitely love things that are OHMYGAWD so warm.....

Also, I love modulation.....adds a nice atmosphere to things.....so mod in a pedal, is a plus point my friend.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
well, there are digital pedals that do have analog voicings (in terms of the warmth and generic voicing of analog)

honestly, check out the timeline, dl4, t.c. nova, boss re-20 and dd-20, ehx stereo memory man, and maybe the pigtronix evolution. tried all those, and they are very versatile, they all reach the delay time you are asking for, and have an extremely wide array of voicings.

personally, it sounds like the boss re-20 may be just the pedal for you. analog voicing, lots of parameters, easy to use though.
either that, or the stereo memory man i think.
Aite, they are definitely on the list for further research...thank you dude....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by WtrPlyr
The ML jr is digital, not analog

sounds like it! way warmer than any other of my other delays I also read the manual wrong///
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Ok. well for metal, generally digital delay is better as it's more precise and clearer.
However, unless you specifically want tap tempo then it sounds like an analog delay will suit you fine.

Therefor: malekko ekko. Or EHX DMM if you stretch the budget a little.
RIP Gooze

cats
So far the Malekko looks promising....gotta get my hands on a DMM and test them out....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"