Page 1 of 2
What's with all this 90's nostalgia? It seems to have started sometime last year, and now it's everywhere. I love the 90's as much as the next guy, but it's starting to get really old.
It started in 2000, punk.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Because all of the kids during the 90s are starting to enter the real world as adults and the things that remind them of the simplicity of their childhoods gives them comfort.
Quote by Alex Vik
Dude, the 90's were like wicked maaan.

Yeah, i agree with the Fresh Prince there.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by High&Mighty
Because all of the kids during the 90s are starting to enter the real world as adults and the things that remind them of the simplicity of their childhoods gives them comfort.

I wish I could go back and play with my action figures while watching Beast Wars and having no real responsibilities.
Beast Wars was the best shit ever for real.
Quote by High&Mighty

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ethan_hanus
Cause the 90's were awesome, and had some of the best music overall of modern times.

I feel like the only person who will disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of 90's music, but I don't think it's THAT great.
Quote by High&Mighty
That's actually a really good point.
Quote by Scissortooth
I feel like the only person who will disagree with this. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of 90's music, but I don't think it's THAT great.

Well, it's when alternative was born, and who doesn't like some alternative rock? I mean really?
The 90s will only be liked by people who grew up in the 90s. It's not nearly as iconic as the 70s or 80s and the older generation pretty much hates 90s music. Also, there's really no reason for younger generations to get into it since it just doesn't have the same legacy.
Quote by Scissortooth

No i feel the same man.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, it's when alternative was born, and who doesn't like some alternative rock? I mean really?

I generally think of bands like Nirvana, soundgarden, STP. Korn, Smashing pumpkins, Alice In chains. Just a lot of the whole grunge genre. And being totally honest, I don't really care much for any of those bands. I don't dislike them, or think they suck, but you get what I mean.
The 90's were kawabanga.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
you blew it TS! you should have titled the thread "What's Up" instead of "What is up."
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Avedas
The 90s will only be liked by people who grew up in the 90s. It's not nearly as iconic as the 70s or 80s and the older generation pretty much hates 90s music. Also, there's really no reason for younger generations to get into it since it just doesn't have the same legacy.

For now.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Cause the 90's were awesome, and had some of the best music overall of modern times.

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but why does everyone say this? I don't remember the music being any better or worse than what is being released now. In fact, I would argue that the vast majority of art is pure, unadulterated trash regardless of decade. There are always more no talent imitators than there are true visionaries. Stop buying into the false narrative peddled by cut rate music magazines that seems to illustrate that the 90s was some time of great cultural awakening where everyone was creative and no one was a hack. It's just not true.
Quote by bradulator

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
They ended the 80's. Seems like a great reason to immortalize them to me.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Every to years we're nostalgic for 20 years earlier.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by izbbass

By the way, our birthdays are 4 days apart
Quote by High&Mighty

I don't think you could of been more right. However, I've never stopped listening to 90's music.
The 90's were way better than the 00's but not as cool as 60's through 80's an the 10's are gonna suck I bet.
Quote by bradulator
By the way, our birthdays are 4 days apart

Almost Birthday Buddies
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by shjonj
The 90's were way better than the 00's but not as cool as 60's through 80's an the 10's are gonna suck I bet.

The 10's are gonna be good global warming will finally overflood the world.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by High&Mighty

This. I realized it when TS3 came out last yr, and Winnie the Pooh this yr. Lol
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
It was a simpler time. I was young, I didn't have any worries when it came to bills, Uni work, car payments, responsibility, women, etc. I played video games and just had fun being a kid. I guess it's a comfort thing more than anything. Life gets complex as an adult, and sometimes it's nice to think back to when life just consisted of Pokemon and messing around with friends.
Quote by shjonj

My feelings on that are actually the exact opposite.
Quote by shjonj
Were you alive in the 60s?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by bradulator

Dinobot.

All the fucking way.

Quote by shjonj
ah hell no I'm 16

Then what do you know?
Page 1 of 2