I don't know if anyone else in the pit thinks hipster jokes are funny, but I figured why not see if we can get some funnies?

How did the hipster burn his tongue?
He ate pizza before it was cool

How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Some obscure number you don't talk about

Why do hipsters hate rivers?
Too mainstream.

Got anything? Eh? Eh?
"Hipster" is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else's authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you've probably sensed the pattern on your own).

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, "ironic" Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.
I'd tell you my jokes, but you probably wouldn't understand them so...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
TS, you have been pre-empted by an entire meme. Just search "hipster kitty."
You might say hipster kitty was making hipster jokes...
...before it was cool
YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
How many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb?

505. One to change it, 500 to go crazy about how underground and fresh the new light is, and five to say that lightbulbs are mainstream sell-outs, and that candles are where it's at. And a secret extra one to point out how ironic it is that I used 505 when there are really 506, now 507, and add insult to injury by misusing irony, which is ironic in and of itself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by due 07
"Hipster" is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else's authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you've probably sensed the pattern on your own).

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, "ironic" Them.

Use of italics is a technique used to convey the facade that a wall of text is in fact a quote or an academically recognised opinion. Users of italics aim to claim importance upon their own self-musings, and by extension, prove their own importance.

It serves no grammatical function and imparts no information, save for indicating the ego and preference of the speaker.

/troll harder
Quote by jeremessmore
That's 506...

That's part of the joke.

Quote by necrosis1193

505. One to change it, 500 to go crazy about how underground and fresh the new light is, and five to say that lightbulbs are mainstream sell-outs, and that candles are where it's at. And a secret extra one to point out how ironic it is that I used 505 when there are really 506, now 507, and add insult to injury by misusing irony, which is ironic in and of itself.

╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by jeremessmore
So you're saying they're too hip for numbers to apply to them!?

Numbers are too mainstream for hipsters. They count by notching their glasses rims.

Quote by necrosis1193

you son of a bitch
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by due 07

The strokes. etc / dressing in those absurd buddy holly glasses / stupid hats.

Metrosexual seems to be used to describe the same pretentious people.
Winter earmuffs are gaining popularity here....

Its ****ing hot
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by J C
Use of italics is a technique used to convey the facade that a wall of text is in fact a quote or an academically recognised opinion. Users of italics aim to claim importance upon their own self-musings, and by extension, prove their own importance.

It serves no grammatical function and imparts no information, save for indicating the ego and preference of the speaker.

/troll harder

Actually that's the title of a new book that's out. You can look it up on Amazon.

Italics is appropriate for such a cause.
I only think inside jokes or memes are funny within a small group of friends, but not on the internet.