So, the second guitarist in my band bought one of these as his gigging amp, and I was just wondering if it's really a good amp for our style of music. We basically sound like a modern Thrash band. I model my tone after bands like Black Label Society, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, Metallica, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, Children of Bodom, and Dream Theater. Our drummer plays with a similar style to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, and Megadeth; our Bassist is very influenced by Tool, Rush, Dream Theater, Primus, and Iron Maiden; and our singer sounds a lot like the singer of Pantera (Phil) and cites infuences such as Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Corey Taylor, and Matt Shadows.

With that information, do you think the Rectoverb is a fitting amp? He has the Head version with a 2x12 cab that he claims has Celestion Vintage 30's. If it wouldn't be fitting, please state why.

Thanks for any help you can give
Absolutely would be fitting. Dual Rec may have done better (or even a Mark V for that DT tone), but the Rectoverb is an amazing amp none the less.
Where's Waldo?
Recto's of any sort's are good for everything, i play anywhere from behemoth to some smooth jazz tunes on a dual rec's. Having a higher presence and mids (1 o'clock +) and the treble and bass lower (11 o'clock and below) makes for a more marshall thrashy tone on the modern setting, or the classic scooped mids sounds good, i'm quite against scooping but no matter what a recto will cut through the mix even with the mids on 0.
I just wondered because normally people preach 100w amps for Metal, and it's a 50w, so I thought it was against regulations xD

I'm leaning more towards a Jet City JCA100HDM, myself. Do you think that would be a fitting choice? Would it mesh well with his amp, or will it sound like someone putting cats in a meat grinder?
They're both great amps, but if he has a Rectoverb already, why should he buy another amp?

There's very little volume difference between a 50w and a 100w head.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
They're both great amps, but if he has a Rectoverb already, why should he buy another amp?

There's very little volume difference between a 50w and a 100w head.

No, the JCA100hdm would be for me. I still haven't upgraded to a performance amp, as i am lacking in the funds category (because college sucks).