Anybody know anything about Jackson's Serial numbers. The only information I can find is about their american made guitars.

Anyway, I have a KE3, which I think was made in Japan. I'm trying to confirm that. The serial number is 9812052, just in case anybody knows what they're talking about.
From what I know, only American made Jacksons have traceable serial numbers which you can plug in into their website for confirmation. I have an RR3 and went through the same thing you are talking about.

EDIT: Yup, KE3s are made in Japan.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Last edited by breakstuff at Oct 3, 2011,
im sure the serial number works like this

98 - guitar number
12- month
05 - year
2 - which luthier checked the guitar

i may be wrong though, i'm sure i've heard that somewhere though
i'm Ginger its fun
Hmm, that's interesting. I bought the guitar 'new' in march of 2008. Seems strange that it would take over 2 years to get sold.

Quote by breakstuff
Yup, KE3s are made in Japan.

Thanks

EDIT: Actually it might have been 2007 when I bought it. That would make more sense if you're correct about what the numbers mean.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Sparky-MMA
im sure the serial number works like this

98 - guitar number
12- month
05 - year
2 - which luthier checked the guitar

i may be wrong though, i'm sure i've heard that somewhere though

wrong

Jackson serials really don't make any sense. It's not like the VIN on your car.

The only thing that can really be deciphered from it, generally, is country of origin. Which, in the case of the OP's KE3, is most definitely Japan dues to the fact that it starts with a 9 and is 7 digits.

MIJ Jackson bolt-ons started this serial format in 1996 with 96..... serials and they have simply gone up sequentially from there. Pre-'96, the serial actually started with the year.

If you want to know the exact date of manufacture, it will be stamped in the heal pocket.
^ This.

Also, one quick way of knowing what period its from is the hardware. If it has Duncan Designed pickups and chrome hardware, it's pre-2006. If it's genuine Duncans and black hardware, it's 2006 or later.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
^ This.

Also, one quick way of knowing what period its from is the hardware. If it has Duncan Designed pickups and chrome hardware, it's pre-2006. If it's genuine Duncans and black hardware, it's 2006 or later.

Any idea if the same thing would apply on an RR3? It came with stock jackson pickups.
Quote by damage_inc07
Any idea if the same thing would apply on an RR3? It came with stock jackson pickups.

Are the stock pups "Jackson" branded? If so, are you sure it's actually an RR3?

As far as I know, the RR3 always came with either Duncan Designed or Seymour Duncan. In which case - yes, the same thing applies.
Last edited by rebar71 at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by rebar71
wrong

Jackson serials really don't make any sense. It's not like the VIN on your car.

The only thing that can really be deciphered from it, generally, is country of origin. Which, in the case of the OP's KE3, is most definitely Japan dues to the fact that it starts with a 9 and is 7 digits.

MIJ Jackson bolt-ons started this serial format in 1996 with 96..... serials and they have simply gone up sequentially from there. Pre-'96, the serial actually started with the year.

If you want to know the exact date of manufacture, it will be stamped in the heal pocket.

like i said, i read that somewhere, thanks for clearing that up though im sure thats the case with a manufacturer, just not sure which one
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by rebar71
Are the stock pups "Jackson" branded? If so, are you sure it's actually an RR3?

As far as I know, the RR3 always came with either Duncan Designed or Seymour Duncan. In which case - yes, the same thing applies.

That's correct. I got an RR3 and it has the Duncan Designed pickups which are actually Duncan Invaders.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
can anyone help me figure out this jackson guitar, NHJ 1016484??
Last edited by mansilla1 at Jul 18, 2015,
Quote by mansilla1
can anyone help me figure out this jackson guitar, NHJ 1016484??

Fortunately recent Asian non-Japanese Jacksons actually follow a format:

N: made in India
H: by Harmony
J: for Jackson
10: in 2010
Quote by dthmtl3
Fortunately recent Asian non-Japanese Jacksons actually follow a format:

N: made in India
H: by Harmony
J: for Jackson
10: in 2010

A Jackson serial number actually making some sort of sense? Now I know the world has gone crazy.
China
Not sure who's making their guitars in China these days? Wsomething? Does Wildwood have a plant in China?
Bumping a 4 year old thread? Nice.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 15, 2015,