It's late, i'm bored, so let's share.
What's your worst gigging nightmare? Something that's just gone utterly wrong during a gig which resulted in the crowd almost coming at you with pitchforks and obscenities or just something unplanned which just makes you look back and think "Well, shit...I don't even want to think about that"

My worst one was probably back in my first year of playing and my guitar teacher invited me along to play at a gig. Atleast 100-150 people were there so it was a fair decent turnout. It was my first gig ever and I was scared more than ever. Halfway through one song, one of the strings on my teacher's guitar broke and basically signalled me to take the solo!

Now I sucked hard back in my first year...the only thing I could really do was a lame ass pentatonic run. No matter how many times I shook my head, the chorus ended and then the solo kicked in...but it didn't. I stumbled in off beat, bending the 15th fret of the B string as hard as I could trying to lead into something. The string snapped and I stood there frozen, in front of 100-150 or so people, absolutely mortified. I suppose my guitar teacher was trying to be nice and give me a shot but **** me...I've never been more embarrassed on stage before.

What's your shocker?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I was in a school talent competition, about 14 years old, and I was so pant shittingly scared that my hand wouldn't stay still and I couldn't play a note.

Not good.
That sounds like a bit of a shocker.

I was playing 'I believe in a thing called love' by the darkness at a youth battle of the bands to a crowd of about 100 people. I was using my Jackson kelly, with a floating term and I broke a string leading into the second chorus. I had no backup guitar. The rest of the band was just staring at me, wondering why I'd stopped playing.

Luckily, one of my mates in the audience who was also playing that night knew what had happened, and he jumped up on stage and handed me his guitar, just in time for me to play the solo and finish the song. I was saved!

But he was the star of the show at that point, not me. If it wasn't for him that would've been the end of my night basically, because it takes a long time to restring that mother****er.
I was covering Slither by Velvet Revolver and when the solo came my wireless unit died. (Me being the dumbass that didn't change batteries before the gig.. first and last time that happened), I was able to plug a cable in, but missed most of the solo.

I was wearing a chain down by my hip and I was jumping around and the chain came around and blasted me right in the nuts. That stopped everything I was doing completely!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by the evil edge
I was in a school talent competition, about 14 years old, and I was so pant shittingly scared that my hand wouldn't stay still and I couldn't play a note.

Not good.

Yeah, I had the exact same experience back when I was in elementary school.
My first time, me and a friend covered a song, a dead easy one. Like, someone who never played guitar in their life could have it down in a day. Somehow, my friend forgot where he was in the song so he burst into another song. It was a complete car crash.

I used to be so nervous of going on stage. But I started going to jam sessions at pubs. Best thing I've ever done. The first time was horrific. We were playing It's Only Rock n Roll by The Rolling Stones, basically play A and D in a bluesy fashion the whole song. I was on lead. I had no idea what I was doing. I knew I had to use the A minor pentatonic but that was it. But, I didn't think about where in the song I was, dynamics, if a solo should even go there or anything. But, I kept going to them and now I know about 10 - 15 songs that they play. Quite happily go up and play something I've never heard before, and do it well. You just learn to blank the audience. It doesn't matter if there's 3 or 300 people there. I feel just as comfortable.
Covering nothing else matters by Metallica, our vocalists mic dies, and we can't switch mic through the cable cluster**** of our Pedalboard and mic/amp. I had to sing. It's ok, my voice is good and I usually sing harder songs, that's why we told him to sing since his voice was softer for this song.

I had cold, and my voice was nearly dead.
You can imagine what happened.
i was doing an acoustic cover with my friend at a show, and i was playing with a bunch of different ppl in the show so i had to change tuning like 3 or 4 times in the show, butone of my last songs, i decided to use a capo on the first fret instead of tuning from D standard to Eb. i dont remeber the exact details, but i think i put it on the second fret insteaf and had to shift all the chords down half a step while playing the song, because our singer couldnt ing the song half a step up. lets just say it was really sloppy. and entirely my fault
The last gig I played I got cramp in my fretting hand, scared the crap out of me but I struggled through the rest of the song and massaged it away before the next song.
Another time last year a friend invited me to one of his gigs and got me up on stage to do a couple of numbers, unrehearsed of course. They did highway to hell, I played the solo but they played the verse as the backing and not the chorus, sounded pretty bad. When I went up to the bar to get a drink afterwards, the landlord asked if I was just learning LOL.
During our first song at our latest gig I did something with my multi-effects pedalboard, I can't really remember anymore what I wanted to do (maybe put on a little reverb or turn the reverb off) but I pressed something weird and it went into some memory mode and I hurried trying to get it back to normal. I don't know if it affected our performance or not, but I hope nobody noticed anything.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Scariest moment was a month or so back. We were playing a festival but they provided combos rather than cabs, so most people including me had to use these awful laney combos. My amp wouldn't turn on, so one bloke was replacing the kettle lead and stuff when, because the band before dragged out fifteen mins too long, the other sound guy signalled for us to go and I found myself on a big outside stage with the other guitarist kicking into the set and eight bars to silently sort my sound out. Managed it, but it was scary.

Any moment when I unplug/unstrap/concuss myself on stage. I jump around a bit mental, so the need for swapping guitars/ retuning while the second guitar plays a solo riff etc. is an eternal worry.
Dude, where's my band?
I ripped the input jack out of the front of my amp a few yrs ago in the middle of a show with Authority Zero
I felt like a Douche
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by the evil edge

Not good.

I have that problem. How did you overcome it?
Quote by Usernames sucks

I tune everyone out and go nto my own little world of rock.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A few years back my band played at my friend's New Years party. We did a cover of Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls, and during the last chorus I broke my B string. I was ****ed because I needed my B string for the ending guitar break. I tried to make the chord shapes of the part I was suppose to play, minus the B string, but it ended up just sounding God awful. Everyone knew I messed up and everyone just laughed it off. I quickly went aside and changed the string and went on performing.

Other than that nothing really awful. Hopefully nothing bad will happen when my band opens for a touring band this month *knock on wood*.
Quote by Usernames sucks

Be condescending. For example, I know that I am ten times more awesome than anyone I will ever play for so their opinions don't matter.

During a school talent show last year, my friend and I were taking turns improvising over a G-power chord because **** it, we were both lead guitarists. Everybody loved us and then one of the teachers who was helping out turned my friend's volume all the way up and nobody could hear me.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

For some reason my drummer's kit was stationed in front of a multi tap that our whole band's rig was powered. I asked him if the power would be okay behind (knowing it wouldn't) and he insisted that it would. By the middle point of the first song, he knocked all the power connections from the socket and our whole show stopped. Just terrible! It was a battle of the bands contest too!

It was one of those moments that was nearly impossible to recover from. However, it did teach us how to handle shitty situations like that a little better.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I have two.

The first one was at a new club and during this jump/rock move, I stuck my headstock into a ceiling fan. Not only was the sound really weird, all that dirt fell on my head/face.

The second one was a new gig in Galveston Texas. How to word this PC, it turned out to an alternative lifestyle establishment. It wasn't long before people were walking up to me with $20 bills in their hands, looking at my crotch. I saw some very strange things at that club.
A bunch of stuff.
I have 2

Once on the last song my straplock ripped out of my guitar and my guitar bounced off the stage. I just jumped down and grabbed it and started rocking it like an upright bass.

The second one, I had just gotten a RR3 and had been messing with the whammy bar and tried to do the thing like whats his face from dragonforce where he picks the guitar up by the whammy bar and then drops it. Works great with a super strat, now with a V where one of the points goes between your legs on the other hand....I still managed to keep playing despite the fact that I could barely stand up.