Page 1 of 2
How did you wear your hair during that "awkward" period? Hat? bandanna? The first time around, I did nothing. I just walked around with mushroom hair 'til it collapsed under it's own weight. This time I'm combing it back, mostly because it's been so goddamn hot down here.

So Pit, how did you deal with ackward hair?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I did nothing.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

I just rocked it.

The awkward period for me was when it was short. It got better as it turned into a mop and now, at like 1/2 a metre long, it's glorious.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Oct 3, 2011,
Just tied it up
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
People call me Jesus.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I cut it.

Edit: I grew my hair out for like two years, and it didn't look too bad after like one and a half. I cut it short about two months ago, though, and not only is it more comfortable, it looks better too.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Oct 3, 2011,
Yeah I just committed to it. Pansying out is for pansies.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I just ignored it and let it turn into big wings above my ears.
Eventually this turned into a sexy dumboesque hairstyle that none of the ladies could stay away from

... Okay so the wings part was true, it eventually collapsed, and I thought I looked good... Cept I got compliments only after getting a haircut. Go figure

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton

Word. That was back in high school though. Grew the fro out much longer but I cba to find pics.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I'm rocking pigtails most days. Dem bitches can't handle it

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by korinaflyingv
long hair is a pain in the arse though, just got it cut and i much prefer it

this
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I've had foot long hair twice. I'm in the awkward phase of growing it out again. It's killing me right now. And for some reason I can't recall what I did before.
I had what you might call a jew fro for a wile. i just went with it and the name calling till finaly my hair "fell down" and now people touch it and comment on how soft it is. XD
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
I was doing great with growing it out and then I just had to get it trimmed by some old lady who thought that mushroom/bowl cut is hip n' kewl
I couldn't stand it, so I got it all completely cut off and now I'm right back at the start
It might interest you younger lads to know that the term "longhair" used to mean an intellectual fellow who liked classical music and "the arts" and all that.

Myself... Never had any. As a kid in the 50s, everyone had a "crew cut". When I got out of high school in the mid-60s, I joined the army. No hair.. When I got out, I joined the police department... No hair.
Now... I just have no hair, period.
I've had long hair for seven years, and honestly, I can't remember what I did as I was only 12 at the time.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
What exact length would you say the "awkward" period is at?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I usually just sort of pull on my hair until sort of straightens. Its just about down to my shoulders now, and it generally dries into the shape of a children's book ghost. It doesn't look bad, but I'm getting annoyed with it and I'm going to cut it short. But not too short, because I have a giant forehead.
Quote by Burgery

It's just when your hair is longer than normal, but it still goes up instead of falling down.

Beanies solve everything in this situation, however, so it's hardly an issue.
Quote by Burgery

I think this applies mostly to people with curly/wavy hair. People with straight hair will just kinda look the same throughout. But basically, it's that period where it's longer than "normal", but it just kinda fro's out. You can't tie it up, so you have to tame it somehow. Eventually it gets so long and heavy that it collapses on itself and that's when you have "long" hair.
I had it long-ish. It went down to my collarbone, but, alas, I have thin hair and a high hairline so once I cut it I looked better. Now I just cut it short and wait for it to get long (in like 5 months) and then I cut it again.

EDIT: My hair would forever be in that pre-awkward phase if I could make it. It gets kinda long enough that it flips a little up on the ends, but everything else is flat. And then if I let it grow enough it just kinda flops on itself and gets wavy. I had it combed is all.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Duff_McGee
I've had foot long hair twice. I'm in the awkward phase of growing it out again. It's killing me right now. And for some reason I can't recall what I did before.

I'm also in the awkward stage of growing it out again. I had it long for about 5 years and decided to cut it during June of last year. I cut it because I got a better job opportunity and figured they'd prefer the clean cut look instead of the greasy-long-haired-huge-goatee look.
even with long hair, you probably still look bad.

most guys look ****in awful with it
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I usually just get annoyed by how it grows out into a poof, so I get it cut or trimmed when it gets that length. I like it better right before it gets to the awkward shit.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I swept my bangs to the side, but I generally just owned the mushroom. Now my hair is shorter, and I kinda prefer it this way.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Jewfro'd it up.

Ladies love the curls though
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Oct 3, 2011,
My hair looks consistently fabulous so :/

Shaved it back in December and now it's already fairly long. Awkward phase was only for a couple of months when it wasn't really short.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Mushroom hair? Had no idea what you guys were talking about so I image searched it.

I didn't know it was so common >_>
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Some noob cut my hair to my ears when i was 8 and it was horrible. I dont have any pictures of myself from then because it looked so bad. I just had to deal with it :/
cat
Quote by fail
Mushroom hair? Had no idea what you guys were talking about so I image searched it.

I didn't know it was so common >_>

Quote by Firenze

No, more like this guy's hair. Though mine isn't as curly, and it's a little longer.
I just didn't give a ****
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I always found a way to make my hair look good. It was layered a bit anyways, so it didn't look so goofy. Then gravity took control as it grew out until it was around 20+ inches. It has since been cut now however and is much classier.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Page 1 of 2