I recently bought a new electric Fender Squier Jagmaster. The low E string and other strings seems a bit loose. Iv never played an electric, so this is comparing to an acoustic. Is this normal? How do I tighten the strings?
Photo.

I can't tell how loose it is from your description.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It is normal yeah...they are much looser than on an acoustic.
If you want though, you can get heavier gauge strings if that suits you better.

And how you tighten the strings? Err....turn the tuners? :p
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
It is normal yeah...they are much looser than on an acoustic.
If you want though, you can get heavier gauge strings if that suits you better.

And how you tighten the strings? Err....turn the tuners? :p

Haha tried that but the strings are only in tune when it's loose, when ibtifhteb it it goes off key
Quote by JeremiahStone
Haha tried that but the strings are only in tune when it's loose, when ibtifhteb it it goes off key

wat
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Yeah that's normal when going from acoustic to electric. Really the only thing you can do is get a heavier gauge string. I use 10s on all my electrics because 9s just feel too floppy.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
That's normal. I'd assume your new Jag is equipped with 9's and your acoustic is equipped with 12's or 13's.

I play 10's or 11's on my electric guitars, so 9's are a bit floppy for me. It's probably better for your finger strength to get at least a set of 10's on there so you don't lose all that finger strength you developed playing your acoustic.
Quote by JeremiahStone
ibtifhteb

Gesundheit
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Jagmaster's a short scale guitar isn't it? 24"? That will make all strings feel looser too.
Quote by JeremiahStone
How do I tighten the strings?

There's no way to tighten the strings you already have without altering the tuning. Using higher gauge strings will result in more tension.