Ok so the song Map of The Problematique by Muse has an insane effect ive recently explored around andfound out i can use softwarse like guitar rig,cubase and others to process that effect into my whammy. But everything ive tried has not worked no effect comes out just plain guitar. how do i connect my whammy to my pc so the effect can come out of the guitar? i have an amp, guitar, whammy, midi to usb cable what am i missing? i plug the midi in end to the whammy and the usb part into the pc and nothing? HELP
Quote by Hypermuser1
Ok so the song Map of The Problematique by Muse has an insane effect ive recently explored around andfound out i can use softwarse like guitar rig,cubase and others to process that effect into my whammy. But everything ive tried has not worked no effect comes out just plain guitar. how do i connect my whammy to my pc so the effect can come out of the guitar? i have an amp, guitar, whammy, midi to usb cable what am i missing? i plug the midi in end to the whammy and the usb part into the pc and nothing? HELP

A lot of guys have the effect programmed into Cubase which sends it to the whammy and out through the wet output of the Whammy.

On my Mac, I have the effect programmed into Guitar Rig 4 which I output through my midi interface into my amp. The only downside to that is I can't control the start of the effect (since you have to hit the chord on beat 1 of the metronome).

The answer to this lies in the Molten Midi controller! If you can afford it, it's a great way to achieve the MotP effect and whatever else you can come up with!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAxs0ZeKGU

This is NakedIntheRain on UG so PM him if you have any questions!

Cheers!
Quote by Styxonthebrain
A lot of guys have the effect programmed into Cubase which sends it to the whammy and out through the wet output of the Whammy.

On my Mac, I have the effect programmed into Guitar Rig 4 which I output through my midi interface into my amp. The only downside to that is I can't control the start of the effect (since you have to hit the chord on beat 1 of the metronome).

The answer to this lies in the Molten Midi controller! If you can afford it, it's a great way to achieve the MotP effect and whatever else you can come up with!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAxs0ZeKGU

This is NakedIntheRain on UG so PM him if you have any questions!

Cheers!

Ok thank you id have to save up for the molten then. For the moment i have a MIDI to usb cable what can i do with it? im just now exploring the world of MIDI so its quite confusing. i have a digital piano.
I am the owner of the digitech whammy IV myself and it also too me a while to figure out how it works.

- First, my suggestion would be to look for someone who has the files you need for Cubase. There are a couple of people found on youtube who share links to this. And ofcourse i also have it but just not uploaded

- And this is something i've been bugging with for a long time and was actually...quite stupid of me XD. the Whammy has a MIDI IN. Which means you put the MIDI OUT part of the USB CABLE in it. It worked for me instantly after that, after so much bugging around x_x

- you just plug in the whammy just like any other effect pedal, you just have the midi cable into the PC as an extra thing .

If it doesn't work after all that. There's a way to change your midi channel. I haven't done this for a while but i think you had to hold the on/off switch while you plug in the adapter cable.
----

That Molten Midi thing is also an option...But as far as i know, it doesn't get the EXACT effect, it does look alot like it tho. But its like you get the same sequence over and over (and the sequence changes a little bit during the song, especially if you <3 the live version) so i prefer the Cubase option myself . I hereby repeat that i'm not sure about what i just said, its just what i think.

If something like an Ipad could run Cubase (Does it have a usb output? not sure) I would totally find a way to get that on my Pedalboard XD

(and wow my first post on this forum and i registered in 2007, XD )
Last edited by Bombersteve at Oct 30, 2011,