first....

slip a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut of the Low E,
see if the buzz that transmits thru the amp stops.

then

intonate the guitar.
see if it's in tune at the 12th fret, when in tune open.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
just seems to me like you're plucking it too hard.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Assuming you plucked all strings with the same force, yes it might be fret buzz. Either that or it's the nut buzzing (strings too loose) like jj1565 pointed out. That last one happened to me, when I switched from a medium gauge to a light one in a bass. Slipping something in the string's slot might fix it.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Thanks I'll have to try that..I never noticed much buzz in the first 2 months at all..or maybe I didnt look too hard cause it sounded perfect.

In the last 2 weeks, when i play a power chord with the root on the low E, it sounds a little off. I cant quite figgure out what it is cause my low E is in tune.
sounds like your intonation might be off, you can notice it pretty easy when you are playing power chords with overdrive or distortion
Ibanez - Art320
Dean - Mustaine VMNT (silver)
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Line6 Spider Valve II 212, Blackstar HT5C
Quote by SolitaryOne
sounds like your intonation might be off, you can notice it pretty easy when you are playing power chords with overdrive or distortion

thanks, but it wasn't off when i played it the first few weeks ? Is it normal for the intonation to just go off or is it a symptom of a bigger problem ?
I think it's either of the two conditions:
1. The strings vibrate really hard due to your hand's force.
2. Intonation might be off.
In either case, have a luthier adjust your guitar's intonation for you. After that, check the guitar again.
Quote by joey78
thanks, but it wasn't off when i played it the first few weeks ? Is it normal for the intonation to just go off or is it a symptom of a bigger problem ?

you don't need to bring it in.
just fret the 12th fret, see if it's in tune there
when the open string is in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by joey78

If your guitar does not intonate well, then you should check the intonation each week. This is done by fretting the 12th fret to see if that octave note is in tune as well as the open note is in tune.
If not, then you adjust the intonation by doing the following:
1. Detune the string slightly flat.
2. Move the saddle up or down to shorten, or lengthen, the string's length that passes after the saddle. Move the saddle towards the neck to go sharp on intonation, and away from the neck to go flat on intonation.
3. Check the tuning again.
Always remember that some guitars intonate better than others.