Page 1 of 286

The NHL Off-season is over and the new season lay ahead.

Who will be post-whore of the year?
Who will be suspended for being hit on the head as a child too many times?
Who drunk posts first?
Will Toronto make the playoffs?
Which bandwagon will Genghis join come April?

Join us on our journey through the highs and lows of the NHL Regular Season

...Oiler fans, we still don't want you

TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Apr 4, 2012,
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Sturm Hodgson Samuelsson
Higgins Malholtra Hansen
Oreskovich Lapierre Duco

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Edler
Salo - Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Won't be as dominant as last season, but I predict they'll still win the NW.
There's many things to like about this Tampa team. Not the least of which is half of them used to play in the Habs' organization.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by rock_star77
There's many things to like about this Tampa team. Not the least of which is half of them used to play in the Habs' organization.

Pyatt, Moore, Garon, MAB... though I don't miss MAB at all. Talk about defensive liability.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Mark Fraser on waivers. #whattookyousolong

Hey, shouldn't Atla--Winnipeg with their "unconscious" racial profiling pick him up?
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
Bandwagoning the Jets this season. Went out and bought a flat bill Jets cap; I left the sticker on too so people can see it and admire it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Joe Morrow sent down to the Winterhawks by the Pens. Was really hoping to see him in a couple regular season games, especially if Orpik's not 100% yet.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by CaptainRon
Hey Guys I Heard About This New Sport Called Ice Hockey. I Heard That Its Really Good But They Are Making A Push To Remove The Contact Element Of This Game. Does Anyone Know Why They Are Doing This?

They're Trying To Make It More Accessible To Ringette Pussies And I Don't Like It. Where's Scott Stevens When You Need Him? Too Many Eric Lindros's Out There, Head Up Pussy. CRUSH'EM.
Quote by Reviewer Pete
Mark Fraser on waivers. #whattookyousolong

Hey, shouldn't Atla--Winnipeg with their "unconscious" racial profiling pick him up?

Gill for Larsson?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Gill for Larsson?

Sure, Gill seems like a guy who knows how to skate.
BOLD PREDICTIONS ABOUT YOUR TEAM TIME

gogogo

Avs finish 7-10th in the west. Hot out of the gate, cool off mid-November, and actually stay stablely mediocre this time instead of sucking out loud and backing into the playoffs (see: 2009). 75 for Duchene. Jones breaks 30 goals if he doesn't break his body first. (Remember this is the guy who messed up his shoulder last season tripping over the blue line. I wish I was kidding.) Landeskog doesn't win the Calder despite the hype saying he will. Malone, Bordeleau, and Barrie all see time with the big club. (I'd include Elliott but he hasn't been cut yet so he may even make Opening Night. What a bowss.)

Also. The Oil don't finish 30th. Winnipeg fans are stunned to realize that their team is, in fact, the Thrashers of last season. Brodeur discovers he can't compete like he wants to anymore and hangs 'em up this summer. Matt Cooke is suspended for the remainder of the season at some point.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by daytripper75
I don't remember voting on this thread title.

I don't remember UG/The Pit/The NHL Thread ever being democratic.
Huberdeau heads back to the QMJ. That makes him the only top 4 pick not to start the season with their new club, I believe. RNH confirmed to start with Edmonton, Landeskog probably will, and I haven't heard anything about Larsson
Quote by CaptainRon
I would have made bold predictions about my team but SteveHouse's post is way longer than anything I could conjur up, thus removing the point of me making a post at all.

9-12. Team quickly becomes known as Iginla's brace, Tanguay, and the Pips.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Last edited by SteveHouse at Oct 3, 2011,
9-12 my ass.

Given the Flames last 50-60 games last season there is not a chance in hell that they do not make the playoffs. Columbus and St. Louis are great and everything, but one lacks scoring depth and the other lacks manliness in the injury department. Dallas lost a guy that brings 50 goals to any team and they have a shit defense, however, they do possess two sexy players in Morrow and Benn (no homo). Chicago may have been bad last year but just wait until this year. Losing Brian Campbell does not help any team.

Quote by Colgate Total
My prediction: Iginla throws out his back carrying the team.

More like Tanguay throws out his hardly used back carrying Iginla.
Quote by CaptainRon

More like you're wrong and your opinion is gay.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by CaptainRon
9-12 my ass.

Given the Flames last 50-60 games last season there is not a chance in hell that they do not make the playoffs. Columbus and St. Louis are great and everything, but one lacks scoring depth and the other lacks manliness in the injury department. Dallas lost a guy that brings 50 goals to any team and they have a shit defense, however, they do possess two sexy players in Morrow and Benn (no homo). Chicago may have been bad last year but just wait until this year. Losing Brian Campbell does not help any team.

K, well that's 4 teams. And you'll finish on top of Minnesota and Edmonton. 9th.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I forward a motion to have me, Colgate Total, elected Surpreme Badass and to have Ron deported back to Calgary.

BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by CaptainRon
I forward a motion to ban Colgate from posting in this thread.

Stop being such a europussy.
Quote by CaptainRon
OMG AULIE WAS CUT FROM TORONTO

Gardiner over Aulie. Hmm.

I definitely see the Flames making the Playoffs this year.

WC:

Sharks
Canucks
Detroit
LA
Anaheim (If Hiller stays healthy, 7th or 8th if he's off and on)
Nashville
Calgary
Colorado/Chicago

In the east, I see Carolina and Toronto making a push to remove NYR and/or Buffalo from 7th and/or 8th seeds. Otherwise I don't see much movement in the east except for maybe Philly and Pits switching places.
Quote by SteveHouse
^^*snort*

Don't know whether that's in reference to Calgary making it, Avs fighting for 8th with Chicago, or the EC make up, but in any case..

Phoenix made the playoffs because of Bryz, who got the **** outta there as soon as his contract was up. I don't see them making it without a miracle.

Chicago backed into the playoffs last year and didn't get any stronger on the blue line. Keith and Seabs can't play 40+ minutes per game.

Avs got another year of experience and what should be better goaltending then Anderson's slump. Much like Calgary, their rise is more about the falling of Phoenix and Chicago.

Can't be assed to think more about the EC at the moment.

If you were refering to Reviewer_Pete's post, then ignore this.
Quote by Colgate Total
I don't know if I'd trust Varlamov to be the answer to the Avs' prayers. At least, not yet.

Anything is better then the Elliot tank machine.
Sharks first in the conference? Sure, I think they'll be one of the top teams, but I don't think they'll be first.

I don't get how people don't seem to realize the problem with them trading for Havlat. They traded a goal scorer for a pass-first mentality forward. Even if you don't think Heatley is a goal scorer anymore, you have to admit that he better at scoring goals than Havlat. At least on paper.

As for Brent Burns, If he plays up to his potential, sure the Sharks will be better for it, but he was god awful the second half of last season. Was much more of a liability than anything.

I see the Wild finishing 7th or 8th, only if we stay relatively healthy.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
the Sharks and the Kings are both going to be battling for the second spot. Too many split points between the Pacific division for any one of those teams to finish first. Despite the Canucks losing their number one puck mover they will finish first due to lack of opposition from Minnesota, Edmonton, and Colorado.
Quote by Pookie6
Sharks first in the conference? Sure, I think they'll be one of the top teams, but I don't think they'll be first.

I don't get how people don't seem to realize the problem with them trading for Havlat. They traded a goal scorer for a pass-first mentality forward. Even if you don't think Heatley is a goal scorer anymore, you have to admit that he better at scoring goals than Havlat. At least on paper.

As for Brent Burns, If he plays up to his potential, sure the Sharks will be better for it, but he was god awful the second half of last season. Was much more of a liability than anything.

I see the Wild finishing 7th or 8th, only if we stay relatively healthy.

Well, between SJ, VAN, and DET, who I think will win their divisions, I think the SJ will have the highest point total. VAN lost 50pts in Ehrhoff and won't have Kesler for a part of the season, where as SJ made gains IMO. As for DET, I just have this feeling that they're not going to be as strong as previous years but will still dominate the Central.