I've been considering getting a drum kit for a while now but can't find one which is cheep enough. Basically I would be interested in the cheapest of cheep drum kits, either electric or acoustic. I'd use it mostly just for having fun on but would probably record with it occasionally. What I do record with it will only be a rough demo thing so sound quality and what have you isn't an issue.

Also it may stop me from constantly drumming on make shift drum kits such as cups, tables my legs etc.

Any suggestions?
The cheapest drum kit i'd recommend is the Yamaha Gigmaker. Anything below will be absolutely awful.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
The cheapest drum kit i'd recommend is the Yamaha Gigmaker. Anything below will be absolutely awful.

That's far to costly. As I said, I'm not fused about the quality, I'd just like something cheep that i can noodle around on for fun. You could say that I'm after something rather than nothing.
exactly how much is your budget?
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
The college I go to recently bought a CB kit for about £190. It's pretty damn horrific, to say the least, but for the money, it's not that bad. The biggest problem with it is the cymbals, they feel horrible to play, are made of a really crappy metal, and are paper thin. The high hats actually fold themselves inside out whenever you try to close them . I'm sure with a decent set of cymbals, and some better skins it would sound a lot better though.

I'd really just suggest looking on the internet at used kits, or even asking in music stores if they've had anything on a kind of part exchange. I even know a guy who actually found a kit in a skip, reskinned it, and that's honestly one of the nicest kit's ever played. I think he may have replaced the snare, that's about it besides buying some cymbals and cymbal stands though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Roxxie Roxx
about £150 - £200. but 200 is pushing it a bit

Check out this link.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Check out this link.

Interesting... There was that stagg for 237 which is really really pushing it. I was wondering if those junior kits would be useable. I'm talking size wise. I know it will sound awful but would there be any issues with size seeing as it will most likely be for my 17th birthday.

please note, i am average sized for some one of my age.
Last edited by Roxxie Roxx at Oct 3, 2011,
Don't even think of a junior size kit unless you're the size of Gary Coleman.

Try looking on ebay for a cheap beginners set that's been sold second hand. You'll most likely find one for £120 or less
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.