I'm in college and don't have access to a solder so I can't do anything when my p90 gets here today....my roommate said that wire nuts can work.

so yeah, will wire nuts work for pickups? an will there be a difference in quality??

thanks!!
I'm not sure what those are, but you can clip the old pickup wires that are sill soldered to the pots, strip the wires, and twist the new pickup wires to them, and tape them off.
It will work fine until you can actually solder them.
Cusp of Magic
the ground wire on my sister's guitar (chinese piece o' shit) has some dodgy ground connections which are currently held together with blu-tack
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
ok, so i got the pickup, but it only has one wire coming out of it. I haven't looked at the humbucker inside it, but I think it might have two coming out of it. If that's the case, what should I do??
The Mustang diagram I found online says that I only use the black/white wires. What do I do with the green/red/"bare". It's a seymour duncan stacked p90

Disregard my last post.
Wire nuts will work just fine. Just twist the conductors together before screwing the nut on. Hell, those little wonders are what hold all the connections in your house together.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
kk, what about the green/red/bare wires? also, how the hell do i mount the pickup onto the pickguard? I see no mounting holes, besides two that go through the pickguard to mount on the body from the looks of it.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
ok, so i got the pickup, but it only has one wire coming out of it. I haven't looked at the humbucker inside it, but I think it might have two coming out of it. If that's the case, what should I do??

The outside metal braid goes to ground(volume pot) and the inner wire goes to your pot lug, where the other wire of your pickup would of been. With P-90's, you're going to have to solder to make it work.
it doesn't even fit in my guitar, and I don't want to route/cut the pickguard so I'm just gonna sell it. I never knew that soapbars were a different size than humbuckers =\

I want a single coil though, and p90 was probably the closest i could get, is there such a thing as a case that'll fit a single coil, but is the size of a humbucker? Or a humbucker sized p90?
GFS Dream 90 i think
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by Green_Ghoul
it doesn't even fit in my guitar, and I don't want to route/cut the pickguard so I'm just gonna sell it. I never knew that soapbars were a different size than humbuckers =\

I want a single coil though, and p90 was probably the closest i could get, is there such a thing as a case that'll fit a single coil, but is the size of a humbucker? Or a humbucker sized p90?

There are adapter plates that will let you fit single coils in humbucker guitars, but a humbucker sized P-90 is what you should be looking at if you want a P-90.
I looked online and found one by gibson, it's called P94t, and one by Seymour Duncan, called the Phat Cat

Anyone have experience with either of those?
Just something bright, I wanted either a p90 or lace red, but I don't want to buy a new pickguard for the lace sensor, and I haven't heard of anyone putting a p90 in a mustang before.

I'm willing to spend about 100 dollars, but I'm not spending more money until I get the p90 I just bought off my hands.
shipping is gonna be insane on those since it's from europe. i think I'm just gonna try my luck with the phat cat.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
shipping is gonna be insane on those since it's from europe. i think I'm just gonna try my luck with the phat cat.

Nah, they have American dealers. The pickups themselves are expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion, and hold their resale value extremely well.

You can go to www.guitarasylum.com and check out their prices.
I ordered the phat cat because it's only 80 dollars and the sound bits on youtube sounded pretty good. thanks for the suggestions though