I want to have to boost for playing rock/metal solos (increase in volume and tone) What's a good pedal that can do that, with as little noise produced as possible? I currently have a Boss DS-1 hooked up as a booster but it produces too much noise when turned on with my distortion, even with its Gain is set to zero.
Voodoo lab sparkle drive?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by fizzicks
I want to have to boost for playing rock/metal solos (increase in volume and tone) What's a good pedal that can do that, with as little noise produced as possible? I currently have a Boss DS-1 hooked up as a booster but it produces too much noise when turned on with my distortion, even with its Gain is set to zero.

Have you tried cutting all gain on the sd and cranking the volume and leaving the tone around noon?
Clean boost is what your looking for. Marshall Blues Breaker has a nice boost option, so does Box of Rock.
I am assuming you want a clean boost, so check out something like the MXR MC401 works great for signal improvement right up to over driving an amp with the volume turned down. There is also the cheaper version the M113 Micro Amp not 100% on what the exact difference is between the two but they both serve the same purpose.
Quote by mwalluk
Clean boost is what your looking for.

disagree, if you ask me a tubescreamer-style od works better for that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or you could try the Electro Harmonix LPB1.......
Last edited by Ichabod Crane at Oct 3, 2011,
if you're willing to put in a little effort, the BYOC Triboost is excellent. 3 flavorful boosts in one, so you can change the most appropriate boost as your equipment changes and your tone develops

http://buildyourownclone.com/triboost.html

It's fairly easy to build provided you know how to solder; if you don't know how to solder, practice soldering a few stray wires first and then move onto the pedal.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Ibanez jet driver....
Or if you only gonna use it as a boost. Get an eq pedal with a level slider, that way you can adjust what frequencies are affected and how they are affected compared to a set eq on an overdrive.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Ibanez TubeScreamer, Maxon OD808/OD9, Green Rhino Overdrive, boss DS-1 if you're in a pinch, MXR GT-OD, MXR ZW-OD (the Zakk Wylde one), just use them as a slight clean boost, but just a little kick in volume. Any one of these will do the job, not to mention you get a great clean boost to tighten your tone up.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
MXR 6 Band EQ or a Maxon Graphic EQ would do the trick. I have also heard good things about EHX Germanium OD being used as a decent booster.