Hey guys, i've been wondering what is the best way to practice a fast shred, i've created a solo for one of my compositions and i really like it, but im not playing it as clean as i would like to. Because of the speed it is and as im trying to not miss any not of the scale, it sounds ,sometimes, even worse than i thought. Any tips?
Thanks in advance
Practice with a metronome, start really slow and build up the speed gradually... if you´re not doing that already.
just practice dude i really don't know what else to say keep doing your little phrase or whatever you made up and practice it slowly.

i think the main reason why people get frustrated is because they dont see instant results. Your not gonna have instant results. When you do get results it will be "one of those bursts of skill"

where your suddenly like...omg i can finally do it after i practiced it a billion times. (happened to me for a couple of paul gilbert stuff)

you'll get results just keep playing man.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
yeah do the 21 day challenge bro, i actually did it for picking and i actually got way better. it works if you stick to it.

but few people have the actual determination to do it for 21 days.

It's really hard because you have to do that one technique at such a slow pace and it takes concentration. BUT if you START it FINISH IT you will not regret it.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
practice practice practice practice and some more practice until your fingers are bleeding.
Oh yea - and make sure you play with a metronome to play it perfectly.