I have a few question about this amp. One is what POD can I use thats very versitile to any kind of music and can I connect other amps to make a cab with this?
Quote by jddyess08
can I connect other amps to make a cab with this

what sounds are you looking for?

what's your budget?

dont try to make the mg something it's not.

just use it, maybe put a pedal in front of it,
and save for your next amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Trying to have a pod or pedal that versatile to pretty much any kind of music but mainly rock/hard rock. Budget doesn't really matter.
Quote by jddyess08
Trying to have a pod or pedal that versatile to pretty much any kind of music but mainly rock/hard rock. Budget doesn't really matter.

you can run a POD into your amps clean channel and it will sound OK at best. if you think that running a POD or a pedal into your current amp will somehow turn it into a great sounding tone machine then you will be disappointed. any multi-fx unit will give you a verstile sound but it will only sound as good as your amp is able to reproduce. the MG series isn't very good so it will only sound ok . a better amp would be a better idea
What amp would be good. I thought the MG was a good amp. I know I can buy a cab and run one through it but not very familiar with the better cabs.
Quote by jddyess08
What amp would be good. I thought the MG was a good amp. I know I can buy a cab and run one through it but not very familiar with the better cabs.

MG's are passable practice amps at best. you have to have an amp head to run a cab (or a combo with an amp out to connect to a cab). a multifx unit by itself can't power a cab.

as for what amp would be good we'd need a budget and a better idea of what kind of sound you want. just saying i play everything doesn't help.
+1

and do you gig?

maybe if budget isnt an option, what you really need is a versatile amp
and not a pedal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jddyess08

MGs are better than people here give them credit for, but at the end of the day they're still Marshall's budget amp so you can't expect too much of them.

If you're after a decent tone and budget doesn't really matter, the best option would be to upgrade the amp first.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
MGs are better than people here give them credit for, but at the end of the day they're still Marshall's budget amp so you can't expect too much of them.

If you're after a decent tone and budget doesn't really matter, the best option would be to upgrade the amp first.

ok but i HAVE a g50rcd.

the old model.
just like his.
the speaker is really bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62