Well guys and gals, I made the trade. I now have in my possession an Eden CXC-300 Solo series bass combo with 2 ten inch speakers. It's not as heavy or big as I expected and it has wheels! Everything went better than expected.
Now the amp is sitting here, staring at me, but I cant play it; I have no bass! I need you guises help so I can hurry up 'n play. And if you guys help I promise numerous sound clips very very soon.
Here are the conditions Im looking for:
Used
Around or under $350
5 string PREFERRABLY, but not limited to
active
Versatile in tone
I want a bass with a great structure that is worthy of, and can withstand, many upgrades. New pups, bridge, tuners, knobs, electronics.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Multiple upgrade capability: squier/fender
Good out of the box: squier/fender
have 5 string options: squier/fender
have active options: squier/fender

Dunno dude, you'll have to look and hopefully find something
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd say a Squier of some description. Then put in Barts, East pre, Bubinga pommele pickguard, Kahler trem, bone nut, Ultralite tuners, and lasers. And not pussy lasers. Death lasers.

Green lasers, so we know you're on the dark side
How do we feel about the Peavey cirrus BXP models?

EDIT: ALSO, how hard would it be to swap out a truss rod? Theres a Peavy tl5 that I can get for 250 bucks; however, the acorn nut on the rod is cross threaded.
Seems like a good deal if its an easy or moderate fix.
Last edited by c3powil at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by c3powil
EDIT: ALSO, how hard would it be to swap out a truss rod? Theres a Peavy tl5 that I can get for 250 bucks; however, the acorn nut on the rod is cross threaded.
Seems like a good deal if its an easy or moderate fix.

Changing out the whole truss rod requires removing the fretboard, doing the necessary work to install a new rod, and re-gluing the fretboard. Its not a DIY job unless you're a a tech or a luthier who knows what they're doing, and its not going to be cheap to have someone do it. If its just the nut, IIRC there are some easier and less-invasive ways to fix that, but its still something you'd probably want someone experienced doing.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Thanks, Tostitos. I think I'll stay away from that one.
Quote by '93
epiphone thunderbird pro V?

active, 5 strings