Hey guys,

I waz wondering if it is possible to install a Wah system into your guitar with push pull pots. sound kinda crazy but if it's possible im so doing it.

Thanks
doesnt a wah kind of rely on you strummin at the same time? So without the foot control it wood be kinda pointless don't u think.
what i mean is if u didn't have the foot control

sorta like a built in amp in ur guitar except. . . .WAH!!
Quote by Tune my fork
doesnt a wah kind of rely on you strummin at the same time?
There are auto-wah. My multiFX pedal has it and it's amazing.
yeah i get it, it's just i'm sayin it wouldn't be that great as the wah needs the foot control to be used as a wah should. If was inbuilt you couldn't strum and use the pot at the same time. which defeats the point of a wah...
Quote by Tune my fork
doesnt a wah kind of rely on you strummin at the same time? So without the foot control it wood be kinda pointless don't u think.

it could be an auto-wah i guess
Quote by Poglia
There are auto-wah. My multiFX pedal has it and it's amazing.

yeah that's true, and the pot could variate the speed of the wah. That's what u should do!
i was thinking it could be like a kill switch. when you click it, it would go "WAAAAAAHHH"

its a funny idea i guess. a guy on you tubes done it. if u search how to install a killswitch it will come up with it.

there's a good start for one of my favourite auto-wahs, it packs down pretty small so you stand a good chance of getting it inside your control cavity, would recommend breadboarding it first, finding the values you'd like on each of the controls and using trim pots or fixed resistors to replicate it on the circuit so you don't have 4 new knobs to handle, trim pots are preferable as you can change it later if you want to tweak it
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Last edited by GABarrie at Oct 4, 2011,
Guitar Fetish has something like this in their MOD-BOARD section if you wanted to check that out, I'm kinda curious about it myself...
If you think the auto wah would be too difficult, an envelope filter will give a wah like effect
Those arent hard to build at all and could easily fit somewhere in a cavity
I've actually got quite a similar idea. But I'm really impressed by what Michael Schenker does with his tone. I wanna put in a fixed wah. So you set the knob (probably put one in in place of the tone knob, I mean really, who uses that thing? xD) to a position and just leave it there. Gives it a really "nasally" tone y'know? Any ideas on that?
Hmm put a normal wah on the side of the strings closest to your chin when your holding the guitar, that way you could use your palm to control ir and you'd still be able to strum and play normally
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
A few years ago I did some work on a 1967 Vox Ultrasonic. It had several built in effects, including a Wah. There was a triangular arm that sat between the bridge and tail piece, centered between the strings that, when pressed, worked like Wah foot pedal.
I'm not saying it was the easiest Wah to play with, but it was there, on a guitar built in the 60's. So, yea, I think you can build a true Wah into a guitar.

http://www.vintageguitarandbass.com/vox/Ultrasonic.php
i would love for a guitar to have a built in filter/wah combination. it would be awesome if you could use it still when you want to as a filter, or turn knob for different sweeps on the knob.

would take a little bit of ingenuity, but sounds cool if somebody spent the time and did it right.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/