Hi guys, I'm new here. To cut a long story short, I'm an intermediate player and have been playing on and off for about 10 years. Obviously that's not good, as I've wasted a lot of time. I picked up my electric today and tried learning He Man Woman Hater by Extreme and realised, A) How hard I suck, and B) How many bad habits I've learned. I usually play a lot of Metalcore and 80s metal, but I've decided I want to wipe the slate clean and learn from scratch, the right way. I don't want to hire a tutor, as funds are an issue. I was wondering if some of you pro players could point me in the right direction of teaching myself the right way.

Thanks -

James
Quote by Frusciante19

Not really just looking for song tutorials, I can read tab and a bit of sheet music anyway. I'm looking for techniques and metal stuff, to be honest. Cheers for the suggestion though.
rob chappers.! also paul gilbert videos hes a very good teacher!
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Save up some money for a teacher. They will probably be able to help you more than anything else. Other than that, check out the lessons and columns sections on UG and look at www.justinguitar.com
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.