i've JUST took delivery of this beauty... well... about half an hour ago (about 9pm GMT)

no it's not some super sparkly ibanez prestige blah blah

it's shaped like this

can you tell what it is yet???

open it up to find this

a Yamaha SG700S

headshot!!

back of the heastock

serial number: 8F01157 - guitardaterpjoject'd it and got nothing, anyone wanna help me out here??

also in the "secret compartment" in the case that isn't secret at all but for straps or something there was this!!!!!

a marshall the guv'nor pedal. i don't know much about it but i do know it's an overdrive pedal... will give it a whirl tomorrow (live in flat, people in bed)

also in the little compartment was this thing

what is it???

what's it for???

quick review: great guitar, has coil split/tap with push in tone pots.
very low action, and a nice weight to it.

can't test the pickups as i said earlier, i live in flats and people will be in bed. besides my girlfriend is watching dragons den and then i wanna watch never mind the buzzcocks so then it'll be too late to test it. but i WILL be doing so tomorrow. so check back in 24hrs for a review.

hope you enjoy the pics.

peace.

edit: forgot to mention price.

it was free...

(present from a family member)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Can your family adopt me?

Thats awesome!!!!! HNGD!

Yamaha SGs are the sex.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
sweet!

i think those early guvnor's are quite sought-after, too. i'd call that a score.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet guitar , it must be pretty similar to my SG800, is it from the eighties too ? Anyway, there's little not to love about it . Even though the coolest thing has to be the aged white SG 1000, but they aren't that easy to find.

Congrats man !
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
just gave it a quick whirl through my amp through headphones.

it sounds so damn sexy

and the sustain is orgasmic!!!!

Quote by Tom 1.0
Can your family adopt me?

Thats awesome!!!!! HNGD!

Yamaha SGs are the sex.

lol i'll ask them xD doubt it though tom, sorry :P

Quote by Spud Spudly
Sweet. Looks like it could use a good f-hole or two.

i aint drillin' no holes!

Quote by Doogy-Style
Sweet guitar , it must be pretty similar to my SG800, is it from the eighties too ? Anyway, there's little not to love about it . Even though the coolest thing has to be the aged white SG 1000, but they aren't that easy to find.

Congrats man !

i have absolutely no idea if it was from the 80's or not. all i know is i was given it... xD

yeh the aged white 1000's are nice too but i love the tobacco sunburst on mine :P

my uncle, who gave me this guitar, also has an SG2000, Gibson SG Special and a Tokai Les Paul

as well as a big marshall amp (no idea which one) and some Hughes & Kettner amp.

pics:

no pics of the H&K on his facebook but it's to the side of the above picture.
Quote by Dempsey68

i have absolutely no idea if it was from the 80's or not. all i know is i was given it... xD

yeh the aged white 1000's are nice too but i love the tobacco sunburst on mine :P

Yeah tobacco sunburst is allways a sure bet, on pretty much any guitar. I had a PRS SE semi-hollow with that finish. My yamaha is metalic blue, which is pretty cool too.

But aged white is teh sex :p.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
oooh metallic blue, just perved @ it on your profile and it looks so sexy, liking the white humbuckers. but prefer the gold hardware of mine :P
Man, ive been gassing for one of thsese for SO long. Thanks for bringin it back. *opens ebay*
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
that's beautiful. i'll be getting another one soon enough.

congrats on a great guitar.

all i can say on the year is it's one of the newer ones. the 80's ones were stamped.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Very nice axe, the Marshall pedal, which I have never heard about, seems cool too.
Yamahas are quality instruments and you will be playing all day on that tobacco sunburst delight of yours.

HNGD!
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

That is easily one of the best looking SG's I've ever seen.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by desperatechris
Thats a cool guitar Phil X plays Yamaha now.

He has been for a little while now. Plus I think he's getting a signature model made
cheers xD

hopefully he'll give me all his gear soon :P

no idea why he just gave me it, but im not questioning it...
yeh thats what i thought.

just it weighs a bit compared to my fender strat but not that much more... need a bigger strap i think...
Quote by RockGuitarist09
HNGD
I've heard those Yamaha SG's are great. Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard) uses one of these live.

yeah it is, plays like a dream!

would be actually nice for a shredder but if i ever seen anyone shredding on one i'd have to kill them...