Finding likable Music artists that would be considered 'my generation'

Page 1 of 2
All the stuff I like, meaning i research the band, its history, discography and generaly stuff like, are all in theyr late 40s early 50s going up to mid 70s.

To sum up Id say I like 'older' stuff, and I FIND DIFFICULT to get into something thats more my age... like... in theyr 20s. because I dont see nothing 'golden' everythings so...plastic,boring,computerized, plain booring I dont know... recycled, monotonic...

>>Something I could tell my kids later: "I witnesed "Insert artist" prime time when I was younger/young"<<

Make that metal,rock,pop,soul I cant really find any talents of 'your generation'

Open for suggestions, pour out youngsters that might have a huge future with tons of albums to come out
Last edited by DocArunas at Oct 3, 2011,
People try to put us d-d-down.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Grizzly Bear, Taylor Swift is actually pretty decent. Idk, thats all I can really think of at the moment, I can't really get into much modern stuff either other than Biffy.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Lil' B.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Muse will be talked about, as will the foo's. The White Stripes, in particular Elephant will be remembered as one of those "classic" albums.
Quote by Doppelgänger
my generation is an awful, awful song

I was going to look at your last.fm account, pick a band that invalidates your claim, and mention that, but last.fm is down right now, so I'm just going to make a generic "your face" comment.

Yeah, well, your face is an awful, awful song.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I can't stand Cage the Elephant, thats just me though :/

however, quickly browsing through my iTunes I found a few that I think will be known: Foo Fighters, Metric, Sam Roberts, Three Days Grace, Them Crooked Vultures, and maybe 3 Doors Down

Some really good "up and comers" are: Mumford & Sons, Arkells and Two Door Cinema Club

Sure doubt many people will agree with me though :P
[Insert something clever here]
**** this LOOK AT MAH TITS - insta famous music star and stuff like this. Real music doesnt even get 3minutes of air time :| And if they do and theyr song is longer than 3 minutes, your ****ed.
Dammit beaten to the Who reference!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
What is "real music?"
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Xiaoxi
You should try Bach. He is all the latest rage today.

I would enjoy Bach a lot more if the timbre of the harpsichord weren't so shit. I still enjoy Bach though.
Foo's, White Stripes, Them Crooked Vultures, Cage the Elephant are all good.

Wolfmother is pretty good, especially if your into that old school zeppelin sound.
If your like 90's alternative, check out Violent Soho. Not that big of a band, but amazing.
RAW POWER
Quote by andyscoot
Muse will be talked about, as will the foo's. The White Stripes, in particular Elephant will be remembered as one of those "classic" albums.

MUSE RIPPED RADIOHEAD
Muse?
The Strokes?
Mumford and Sons?
Radiohead?

Quote by RU Experienced?
I would enjoy Bach a lot more if the timbre of the harpsichord weren't so shit. I still enjoy Bach though.

Listen to the recordings of his keyboard pieces being played on the piano?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?

There's plenty of non-harpsichord keyboard performances of Bach. In fact, more than not.
oh look, another dummy complaining about how awful music is today and how there are no good musicians in this generation.

Tosin Abasi comes to mind.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The Dhandis, really good band.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Quote by Basti95
MUSE RIPPED RADIOHEAD

GAYDIOHEAD INVENTED FALSETTO!

Just trollin' I like them both, but Bellamy obviously has influences from artists that are nothing like Radiohead.
The Foo's, Minus the Bear, Alter Bridge,
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
You're not looking hard enough.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by theogonia777
i now understand why people are always saying rock is dead.

Grinderman are bringing it back, rock n roll is all about shouting over the music, playing 1 chord, and dressing like a used car salesman but getting away with it.

:3
Quote by Zoot Allures
Grinderman are bringing it back, rock n roll is all about shouting over the music, playing 1 chord, and dressing like a used car salesman but getting away with it.

:3

Grinderman "gets away with it" in the same way that a naked fat guy covered in bacon grease gets away with streaking because no one wants to be the one to stop them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Grinderman "gets away with it" in the same way that a naked fat guy covered in bacon grease gets away with streaking because no one wants to be the one to stop them.

The best music can be used as a weapon. You're probably crying now cus it's so bad.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The best music can be used as a weapon. You're probably crying now cus it's so bad.

i didn't even click on the links.
With the internet and how media works now I think its a lot less likely there are ever gonna be mega huge bands because we can be exposed to what we want easier instead of just listening to radio to find new music...

yeah there was to find new music in the past but now its even easier to find alternatives to the radio.

im kinda tipsy so that may not have came out as i wanted it to
Page 1 of 2