Hey, so... basically I just received my Marshall JVM410 with a 1960AV Cab.
Well the amp, footswitch, probably works just fine (atleast the amp turns on) yet I get no sound from the cab.

I Have it plugged at 16 Ohms in the cab [with the cab switch turned left (mono)] and plugged at 1x16 Ohms in the amp.

I've read somewhere that it might be some blackplate problem, so... What should I do?
It does have warranty since I received it today.

PS: I'm a classical guitar player and used to use combos for electric guitar...
for sure not using a line out on the head unit and using the speaker output. just make sure of that. secondly is there any sound or crackingly? also do not turn the amp on without having it plugged in to the speaker cab

secondly if it is a backplate problem take off the backplate and make sure the wires are connected to the 1/4 female. let us know we will help
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Last edited by thejester at Oct 3, 2011,
Everything is correctly set... (It's not the first time I deal with a tube amp/cab I just never had one head/cab on my own) .

I'll Probably try the last thing you said =) Yet, will it screw up the warranty?

Thanks for answering =)
Last edited by M. Airez at Oct 3, 2011,
taking the back plate off will not screw with the warranty. if you are scared about it you can always take it in to a service professional i just have a feeling it is a some easy fix. hmmmmm. good luck
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS