so i got this beauty off Gumtree

Brothers in arms

i was looking around ebay/gumtree/loads of forums for a backup 7 string, i stumbled upon this on gumtree and just had to have it,

the only real difference between this and my hellraiser is the pickups, i wasn't too fussed about this really as i've always been wanting to try blackouts and this was an ideal opportunity,

i haven't really had a chance to play it other than 10 minutes before work but my impression from those 10 mins was that the guitar sounds ****ing heavy, i would go into further but its a tad too late to be blasting out riffs, i shall inform you on my opinion tomorrow, would be interesting to get a comparison of the emgs and blackouts back to back on a recording (its a shame that im shit at recording)

now to the New Pedal day (which actually arrived a week ago but ive felt to lazy to post about it)

the infamous isp decimator

and my current line up of pedals
(korg pitchblack, boss ge7, mxr smartgate, maxon od 808, isp decimator, mxr super comp)

this pedal, teamed with the smartgate makes my rig completely silent when im not playing and allows all my tone out when i do, i highly recommend it for everyone even if you don't play high gain stuff
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Oct 4, 2011,
Nice, been looking for a cheap 7 myself (though a C7 isn't "cheap" cheap)
And that Decimator is shiny as shit!

HNGD!
Where's Waldo?
Nice

How are the Schecter's? I needs a 7...
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
wait, you run a decimator and a noise gate? i see something wrong with that
Quote by chadreed32
Nice, been looking for a cheap 7 myself (though a C7 isn't "cheap" cheap)
And that Decimator is shiny as shit!

HNGD!

yeah the c7's aren't cheap but they are very reasonable second hand (the blackjack i just got was in immaculate condition, still with the stickers on for half the price of new)

Quote by Eppicurt
Nice

How are the Schecter's? I needs a 7...

they are sick, ive played the ibby 7321 and it doesn't even compare. if you want a 7 string that has very nice low end, cuts through the mix very well and is reasonably priced, than the c7 is where to go

Quote by ikey_
wait, you run a decimator and a noise gate? i see something wrong with that

this video basically explains why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF8hBHok2xI

i have incredible sustain however when i want to be stop start i can be and its very silent when im not playing
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Haha! Old Jake Bowen.. He looks so emo.

Nice stuff dude. Would kill for that gear!

thanks mate, bare in mind that everything i own i bought secondhand (except my jackson ke3 and cab)

i should be doing a video comparison of the guitars once i recieve my new iphone 4
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
HNGD

and how is the decimator in combination with another noise gate?

I already have one decimator that i run in the fx loop and it does its job very well, but at band practice i still sometimes still get a small amount of feedback (just enough to be slightly annoying you know between songs if i dont mute the strings) and i can't turn up the decimator anymore without it gating my preamp.

so basically i want to run one infront of the amp and one in the fx loop
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Oct 4, 2011,
HNGD! I love schecters c:. I hope the pedal does you well, too.

Also, Osiris shoes rock. That is all.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these: