(Specifically for bass, of course.)

First day at a music college has highlighted the shortcomings of being self taught, my ring finger is near useless when used at the same time as my pinky so I badly need strength exercises so I can perfect a "finger per fret*" technique. Any help appreciated though my notation reading is terrible so tabs only, thanks.

*(I know one finger per fret isn't always necessary nor the best technique in some cases but in the context school, specifically sight reading, it will be immensely helpful.)
I'm sure you know of this but the most useful thing I've found for 4 finger practicing is this Guitar Pro file in the bass forum FAQ right here.

If you don't have Guitar Pro, I believe somebody took screenshots and placed them in that thread so you can check those out.

Congratulations and good luck with music college
[Insert something clever here]

G|-------------------------------------------1-4-2-4-3-4---
D|-----------------------------1-4-2-4-3-4-----------------
A|---------------1-4-2-4-3-4-------------------------------
E|-1-4-2-4-3-4---------------------------------------------

That's what I do most of the time - it's aimed to strengthen the pinky more though.
Professional lurker since 2009.
The spider exercise is a good one.

- - - - - - - - 4 - - - - - - 5 - -
- - - - - - 3 - - - - - - 4 - - - -
- - - - 2 - - - - - - 3 - - - - - -
- - 1 - - - - - - 2 - - - - - - - -

Etc etc. Variations on it too such as descending rather than descending, or descening after ascending before ascending again etc.

As usual, take it slow at first and start on the higher frets where it'll be less of a stretch and work your way down.