I'm just finishing my small pedalboard and I miss last component,delay.
I tried lot of delays and I really can't decide. I like the most: Boss DD series,DigiTech DL8 and MXR Carbon Copy Delay.

I also need to say that I'm not Deluxe Memory Man,Ibanez AD9,Satriani Time Machine kind of guy. Also: I play bands like: Blink 182,Dredg,BFMV,Linkin Park..
wut. I don't feel like typing a book. Someone school this guy on delays.

The DD series are digital and the CC is analog.

Digital: Copies down your signal digitally with 1s and 0s, so you get the exact same sound repeated. Long delay times.

Analog: Simliar to tape delay, but without the tape I suppose. Its warmer than digital delay and the longer the delay goes on the more distorted it gets. Analog delays normally have shorter delay times.

I'd say analog if you are looking for some echo in your soloing. Digital if you want some modulated U2 stuff.

If you don't have a budget, look at the eventide Timefactor.
The Boss DD-7 has some cool modes, like a simulated analog sound and a reverse mode.

Just saying.
Well the Edge actually uses analog but he has massive amounts of gear. If you want that spacey sound I would go digital just so your signal doesn't get muddy. I have the DD-7 and its awesome. Probably going to get a Memory Man or Timefactor for my main delay and use my dd-7 for my short echoes. DD-2s are awesome as well.
Quote by nemamime
I'm not Edge's sound fan.

then don't use delay at all.

sounds like you want a boss ds-1. turn everything on the ds-1 to max. it will sound exactly like blink. i promise.

and linkin park you just need to buy a boos tr-2 to go with the ds-1.

glad i could help.
Quote by 00_hns_00
then don't use delay at all.

sounds like you want a boss ds-1. turn everything on the ds-1 to max. it will sound exactly like blink. i promise.

and linkin park you just need to buy a boos tr-2 to go with the ds-1.

glad i could help.

tr-2? no, just stack the ds-1 with an sd-1.
Quote by Dmaj7
tr-2? no, just stack the ds-1 with an sd-1.

silly me. your right. thats all those weird people use anyway. the rest is all electronic crap. how could i ever forget.
Budget?

If you have about $100 to spare, I've heard great things about the Akai E2 Headrush delay pedal, but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try it out myself.
Quote by phayzze
Budget?

If you have about $100 to spare, I've heard great things about the Akai E2 Headrush delay pedal, but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try it out myself.

Money is not a problem.
Quote by nemamime
Money is not a problem.

If that is true then definitely check out the pedal I mentioned.
strymon el capistan
Eventide Timefactor
Empress Superdelay

Rackmount:
TC Electronics M3000 Reverb/ Delay
TC 2290 [used]

Off the top of my head
RIP Gooze

cats
Maxon ad999