So I have this cheap distortion pedal that I have no use for.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/3/9/9/9/399965/pics/_c686183_image_0.jpg
I was going to sell it and put money saved up into buying a pedal I'd actually use. But then I figured I'd ask some of you more tech-savvy guys out here in internet land if there was any way in this world possible that I could turn this distortion pedal into a working delay or octave pedal. Or anything really, just curious to see what I could get out of it.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
Best bet would be to hunt down a schematic of the pedal to see exactly how its wired and what components are used. From there you might be able to change some capacitors, resistors and maybe transistors to change the tone of the distortion but thats about it. Not sure if you can add in a Octave effect and have Octave Distortion, but you certainly wont be able to make a delay pedal out of it. Best bet would be your original idea of selling it and using the money to fund a new pedal.
Yeah I had my doubts about it when I had orginally thought it up, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what I could find out from someone with a little more know-how considering how crazy technology is these days. Thanks for the reply :0)
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
Different types of effects involve entirely different types of circuits. To turn that into anything other than a distortion is more a case of building a new effect in the same casing than modding it.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1