I just ordered it from Sweetwater. It ought to be an interesting cab. It's only slightly bigger than my BH112 cab. I'll be using my BH Handsome Devil head on it.

Can't wait.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
your gonna like your 1x12 better
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
4x8s have a pretty cool sound. I must say I like the way it treats cleans more than distortion though. tell us what you think!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
4x8s have a pretty cool sound. I must say I like the way it treats cleans more than distortion though. tell us what you think!

You're right, it's sweet with cleans I like it. Not so bad with distortion but my 1x12 does that better. I haven't played it much but just to try it out. I'll know more when I get into it. I need a chance to crank it and break in the speakers.

Another thing I noticed is that my 1x12 is 16 ohms and the 4x8 is 8 ohms so there's a volume difference on my amp (it has multiple tabs). I had to turn it up for the 4x8.

Right now I'm looking into wirings and find out if I rewired it to 16 ohms then how it will sound.

EDIT: Hmm.. I don't think that can be done.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Oct 6, 2011,
I played this morning and the cab opened up and got the volume back. The speakers must have been pretty stiff and now they're loosened up. The bass is evident and the clean is crystal. Sounding better with distortion too. It just needed break in.

Yep, I like this cab.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
I played this morning and the cab opened up and got the volume back. The speakers must have been pretty stiff and now they're loosened up. The bass is evident and the clean is crystal. Sounding better with distortion too. It just needed break in.

Yep, I like this cab.

pics

HNCD

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Just got back from physical therapy and plan to jam later. Once I get set up I'll snap a pic.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
HNCD

Quote by OldRocker
I just ordered it from Sweetwater. It ought to be an interesting cab. It's only slightly bigger than my BH112 cab. I'll be using my BH Handsome Devil head on it.

Can't wait.

What do you mean slightly bigger? Wouldn't a 4x8 cab be bigger than a 1x12?

The new one has 4 - 8" inch speakers? Is that right?

Quote by OldRocker

Another thing I noticed is that my 1x12 is 16 ohms and the 4x8 is 8 ohms so there's a volume difference on my amp (it has multiple tabs). I had to turn it up for the 4x8.

Right now I'm looking into wirings and find out if I rewired it to 16 ohms then how it will sound.

There is a volume difference? What is the wattage on the 4x8 combined (add all the speaker watts up)?

you might be able to rewire it but we would need to know a bit more.

Edit: wait.....where is the 4x8?

Never mind. I thought that one there was the 1x12

Quote by OldRocker

If you have plugged the 8 ohm cab into one of the 8 ohm outputs then the volume should be the same if the speaker sensitivity is the same. The difference in volume should not be due to the wiring.
The other "cab" is a bass amp for the drums.

It has pretty much the same volume now. It just needed to break in. It's rated at 60 watts and yes, it's slightly bigger than the 1x12. I thought about converting the 1x12 into 4x8 but it's barely big enough to do that.

Here's the dems:

1x12 - H-18", W-18", D-11"

4x8 - H-18.74", W-18.77, D-10.51"

See how close they are?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+