Me and my friend (who also plays bass) are trying to see if its possible (for fun mainly) to play a duet on bass, by converting an actual song's guitar tab into bass tab.

Does anyone have any songs they think could work for this?

Thanks
You mean a guitar-bass duet like this?

I can't think of anything that would work though :c
Professional lurker since 2009.
I've heard it go pretty will with the intro to Master of Puppets
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
most bass lines and rhythm guitar are pretty intertwined. If you mean lead guitar, the notes are all there, just got to make it sound right
I saw a really good cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" by Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller, and Stanley Clarke. Get one to play the vocal line (like Victor) and the other to play the bassline (like Marcus). I learned the guitar line of Tears Don't Fall because our lead guitarist uses his amp's inbuilt distortion so it's annoying to turn on/off.
Quote by chatterbox272
I learned the guitar line of Tears Don't Fall because our lead guitarist uses his amp's inbuilt distortion so it's annoying to turn on/off.

Anyway, there is plenty of stuff that could work, just depends what kind of music you want. Play a mix of chordal type things and low bass on one, and the vocal melody on another. You can do near enough any song you like this way.
^ +1
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Your new God is Cliff Burton. Not only did he write guitar lines on his bass, he spent thousands of dollars and hours making his bass sound like a guitar. Your set for a long time.
What, you don't think Cliff Burton was a good guitar player? I think hes one of the greatest guitar players in modern music history.
>Implying buying a Big Muff or something costs you thousands of dollars and hours
Professional lurker since 2009.