Page 1 of 2
Looks like they're not making Zune HD's or anything Zune related anymore. Microsoft disbanded it and moved on too WP7.

I'm sad. The only thing different from Zune and an iPod is that Zune's do one thing amazing, play music, while iPods do several things moderately well.

Inb4 ipods suck
Inb4 zunes suck
inb4 you can't inb4 your threads.
BLANKBLANK
I personally liked the Zune better, but iPods are still pretty good.

You can still use the Zune software to put songs on WM7
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
lol TS bought a Zune.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I honestly couldn't care less. I care as much about this as I do about the iphone 5 coming out.

Is it possible to give negative fucks?
iPods are deservingly more popular because they're more ascetically pleasing, they work well and the iTunes store is extremely well made if you legally purchase music online.
I've had a Zune HD for a long time now; I do prefer it to the iPod (the Zune software is a lot better than iTunes imo as well) but they're both great. I'll keep using my HD until it eventually breaks , which is hopefully a long way off.
My iPod touch plays music pretty well. I quite enjoy it.

Not to mention all the other cool things I can do, like play games, get on the internet, read books, and watch movies. It's a great portable media device.

I actually use a lot of the features less now that I have a nice Android phone, but I still love my iPod and wouldn't replace it.
Zune software's not completely useless yet.

It doesn't really play music better, it's just ALL about music.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by genghisgandhi
How does Zune play music any better than iPods?

Because you they aren't limited to mp3/aac format I guess

I'm turning into a bit of an audiophile but if I'm looking to listen to things in perfect quality I'm not relying on a portable device to keep me entertained for 4 hour train journeys.
People are just pedantic about it.
Quote by mack attack
iPods are deservingly more popular because they're more ascetically pleasing, they work well and the iTunes store is extremely well made if you legally purchase music online.

$9.99 a month gives you unlimited music from the Zune marketplace. The quality not as high (128kbps) but it's unlimited music.
BLANKBLANK
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I bought the first gen 30GB back when it came out and still use it today. That thing is a ****ing tank and the battery is going to die on me before anything else will (thats a first with any mobile device) and my phone even uses the Zune music software inside it. I thought the interface, software, wireless sharing and connectivity and everything was a brilliant experience and it was one of the few things Microsoft has done right, but sadly it didn't catch the market like it should've.
The Zune accepts FLAC audio files, which do not lose ANY data in the decompression process as opposed to regular MP3's.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Ipods blow compared to zunes i've has mine for 3 years and it's still kicking while some of my friends have been through 3-4 ipod's. That completely blows oh well i guess i'll find another company.
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Zune software's not completely useless yet.

It doesn't really play music better, it's just ALL about music.

So the one thing it's dedicated to, it doesn't actually do any better than an iPod. No wonder it's defunct.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I owned a Zune back when they first came out.. Someone stole it and I never got it back. Kinda sucks that schools don't care when that stuff happens. I've had so much stolen from me.

I really liked it too.. But after that, I bought the iPod Touch when they first came out. That thing was amazing. And now i have a third generation 8GB touch. Love it so much.

I'll eventually upgrade to the 4th generation now that they'll go down in price soon.. Unless I end up getting an iPhone 4 before that. **** my Blackberry, thing sucks.
Quote by genghisgandhi
People still use FLAC?

Yeah, I do occasionally. It's nicer than having to carry around massive uncompressed WAV files for lossless qaulity, and apple's lossless codec can only be played by apple products.

What of it?
Quote by ErikLensherr
So the one thing it's dedicated to, it doesn't actually do any better than an iPod. No wonder it's defunct.

If you ever had one you'll see what I mean.

Let me try to explain; If you want to learn about an artist you have on there, info from the artist will be downloaded that tells you about their history along with pictures and related artists. It goes in detail about every artist in the band and every other band that they've been in.

Oh, and the internet browser is horrible compared to an ipods.
BLANKBLANK
iPod Touch supports: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Sounds good enough for me. I don't need to be walking around with a bunch of FLAC files on my iPod. It's meant to be a mobile media device. If I want to be listening to high quality music, I'm not doing it on a mobile device anyway.
Quote by daytripper75
iPod Touch supports: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Sounds good enough for me. I don't need to be walking around with a bunch of FLAC files on my iPod. It's meant to be a mobile media device. If I want to be listening to high quality music, I'm not doing it on a mobile device anyway.

Yeah, sounds right to me. Everything I have runs at 320. Sounds fine to me.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Yeah, I do occasionally. It's nicer than having to carry around massive uncompressed WAV files for lossless qaulity, and apple's lossless codec can only be played by apple products.

What of it?

What's the point of lossless quality? If I replaced all of your lossless files with 256 kbps, would you notice? And if you did, is it worth giving up that much more HD space?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Yeah, sounds right to me. Everything I have runs at 320. Sounds fine to me.

This, but I'm not an audiophile anyway. My only problem with audio quality is when someone gets an audio file less than 128 and converts it to 320.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by genghisgandhi
What's the point of lossless quality? If I replaced all of your lossless files with 256 kbps, would you notice? And if you did, is it worth giving up that much more HD space?

Most of my stuff is just 196-320 kbps, and there's not much of a difference.

It's nicer to use FLAC as opposed to other lossless formats whenever I do use them imo.

edit:
Quote by due 07
Use the FLAC codec for Rockbox and your iPod can play them fine.

I would use rockbox, but it's only officially supported up to the 2nd gen ipod nano. They have cracked the 3gen hardware, but haven't made an official version for it yet, and I'm not feeling like hacking it into working order just for my ipod.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 3, 2011,
I don't think I even know anyone who has a Zune.

I would much rather use my 32GB iTouch. Music, games, Netflix, Hulu, other useful apps, ect.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Good. I had a Zune and the hard drive failed in a month. I got another one and the same thing happened three months later. I have my third one now and the headphone jack is broken. Zunes are shit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Oct 3, 2011,
The only time an audio file truly sounds bad to me is when they're at 12bkbps MP3. If you listen to a 128 compared to a 256 or 320 you can tell the difference usually. I've never heard much of a difference between 256 and 320, and never much between 320 and some loss less format.

The larger file size certainly isn't worth the slightly perceptible increase in quality.
The only way you'll be able to fully enjoy your super high quality music is if you have super high quality expensive gigantic bulky headphones.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
This, but I'm not an audiophile anyway. My only problem with audio quality is when someone gets an audio file less than 128 and converts it to 320.

Yeah, that is a big pet peeve of mine. When you get down to 128, I can notice the quality difference.. And man I hate it.

Quote by daytripper75
The only time an audio file truly sounds bad to me is when they're at 12bkbps MP3. If you listen to a 128 compared to a 256 or 320 you can tell the difference usually. I've never heard much of a difference between 256 and 320, and never much between 320 and some loss less format.

The larger file size certainly isn't worth the slightly perceptible increase in quality.

Exactly. I have several albums at 256, and they're not exactly noticeably different from the 320 albums. I really don't understand the whole "OMG my files HAVE to be lossless" or whatever. But the other side irks me just as much, when someone doesn't care about the quality whatsoever and they have 10 thousand files that are less than 128... Ugh
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Oct 3, 2011,
As long as I've been into music I honestly can't tell the difference between nor give a shit about the filetype I'm listening to on an mp3 player (they're mp4s, by the way).

That being said it's not like this is much of a loss.
I've had one iPod since 2005 and its still going strong. I barely even thought about Zunes because the pricing structure and the way they ran the "music rental" system just sucked (at the time, dont know if it changed).

In any case, the Zune was never going to work because they offered a product that was only comparable to the iPod years after the iPod had been released and well and truly road tested. Millions of people already had iPods when Zunes came out. They couldnt compete with that without releasing a vastly superior product, which it wasnt.
now that the iPhone, supposedly is going to have up to 64 gigs, I'll just wait out with my classic and my shitty phone, and get one of them when they get cheap.

Aww yeah son
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Page 1 of 2