Page 1 of 2
A fast-food restaurant in Beijing called Obama Fried Chicken was derided in America yesterday as a racist rip-off.

Its sign shows a grinning caricature of President Obama’s head on a skinny version of Colonel Sanders’ body.

Below it, written in Chinese, is the slogan: “We’re so cool, aren’t we?”

“It’s insulting, offensive and plays to racial stereotypes,” the Rev. Al Sharpton told The Post.

“What makes it even worse is that when we deal with this global competition between the US and China, for them to be mocking the leader of the free world, I find it even more appalling.”

Not that the Chinese were the first to come up with the idea.

At the similarly named Obama’s Fried Chicken in Harlem, the Chinese knockoff was blasted as fowl play.

“I wouldn’t eat there because of that picture,” fumed Momodou Jallow, 43, the manager of the store on St. Nicholas Avenue.

“You can’t degrade the president like that,” Jallow said. “It’s sketched that way to make fun of Obama so people will buy fried chicken.

“How can you take [Colonel Sanders’] body and put Obama’s head on it and call it OFC? It’s disrespectful,” he said.

When Jallow’s restaurant changed its name in 2009, the manager said, it was intended as an honor for the first black president.

“For us, it’s different,” argued Jallow.

“There’s no disrespectful picture,” he said, pointing to the restaurant’s logo-free awning.

what a bunch of cocks.

EDIT:

forgot the link: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/chinese_give_barack_the_bird_noesFfsLzH9n1JGghJgBYO
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Oct 3, 2011,
It's true. We're not known for class.

fowl play
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 3, 2011,
I'm so happy. Have you got a link to the article so I can share this wonderful news with my compadres?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

there is a chicken place down the street from my apartment (in South Korea) that has a big poster of Obama giving their chicken the thumbs up in 70's style comic book art. it is freakin' classic.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I think maybe some people are taking this a bit too seriously (not in the pit though, obviously). Then again he's not MY country's figure head.

Pretty funny though.

EDIT: ^is it "obviously racist" though? Do the chinese have the same stereotype concept of African Americans being crazy for fried chicken? I'm not saying they dont, I'm just calling into question whether thats the case or if its just coincidence that they chose him for their mascot.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's true. We're not known for class.

fowl play

Quote by iantheman

Quote by moscaespañol
Fowl play?

"Oh, I see. The New York Post makes a pun, and everyone wets themselves. I give you gold, and I get squat. I'll be in the car."
Quote by guy_tebache

EDIT: ^is it "obviously racist" though? Do the chinese have the same stereotype concept of African Americans being crazy for fried chicken? I'm not saying they dont, I'm just calling into question whether thats the case or if its just coincidence that they chose him for their mascot.

I hope he was being sarcastic, because last summer I think it was, us Aussies got slammed for having a KFC ad with West Indies supporters at the cricket being offered KFC chicken as a peace offering. Apparently everyone in the world is supposed have the same priorities of issues that the US does and it's up to them to regulate the world...
Quote by KTFM
I hope he was being sarcastic, because last summer I think it was, us Aussies got slammed for having a KFC ad with West Indies supporters at the cricket being offered KFC chicken as a peace offering. Apparently everyone in the world is supposed have the same priorities of issues that the US does and it's up to them to regulate the world...

perhaps if you were more aware of your surroundings and more multicultural in your approach, you wouldnt have such problems.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Oh For Crying out loud.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by guy_tebache

We have what I call "casual" racism. We just write off black people as criminals and scary and should be avoided at all cost, but that's all said in a very non-hostile, almost passing way. Yeah..............................

Coincidentally, Chinese people love fried chicken and watermelon. We also like to show off flashy things.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Now that's just funny, friken politicians can't take a joke, everythings gotta be racism to them.

Yeah, all those politicians that were mentioned in that article are humorless twats. Oh wait.
Quote by guy_tebache
EDIT: ^is it "obviously racist" though? Do the chinese have the same stereotype concept of African Americans being crazy for fried chicken?

FYI they don't. They (we) just find black people scary

Funny as hell though
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
perhaps if you were more aware of your surroundings and more multicultural in your approach, you wouldnt have such problems.

lol, because Americans are the kings of that!

brb, just gotta go to the shops on my kangaroo
I thinks its kinda funny, and I would eat there.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
“What makes it even worse is that when we deal with this global competition between the US and China, for them to be mocking the leader of the free world, I find it even more appalling.”

nope. Not sure if serious though.
Quote by Jawlytomtom

nope. Not sure if serious though.

I scoffed at that, too.
duh LOL.

Quote by Cianyx
FYI they don't. They (we) just find black people scary

Funny as hell though

and wow!

i dont think its like that... but it seems that a lot of us think black people are all like genetic survival-of-the-fittess bred beasts, and that "most of them" are supposed to be up to no good XD
Quote by piratemetalhead

i dont think its like that... but it seems that a lot of us think black people are all like genetic survival-of-the-fittess bred beasts, and that "most of them" are supposed to be up to no good XD

Supposed to be, like it's their job.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Supposed to be, like it's their job.

Yeah they actually get thrown in jail if they're not committing crimes.
Page 1 of 2