Poll: Which media player do you use?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which media player do you use?
iTunes
21 43%
Winamp
4 8%
Foobar 2000
1 2%
Windows Media Player
11 22%
Other
10 20%
I don't
2 4%
Voters: 49.
So I'm sick of iTunes being teh suck, so I'm looking into changing media players. The requirements are thus;
-Have some sort of last.fm scrobbler
-Have some sort of feature that automatically adds album artwork to albums like iTunes does

So suggest me stuff. Also, poll coming on what player you use. I'm interested in the results.
Spotify is all you'll ever need.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I use Winamp. I've been meaning to switch to Foobar, but I've heard it has the potential to fuck up your tags -- and that's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

I pity WMP users. That means you, MetallicSka and Momentosis.
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 3, 2011,
I use WMP. I like how it sorts my music library. For videos I would use VLC though.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I think this is the first thread Genghis has made that doesn't contain a reference or link about Li'l B
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
I think this is the first thread Genghis has made that doesn't contain a reference or link about Li'l B

Well great, now that you've mentioned it.. It's going to happen.
I use Winamp, but I don't know why. Windows Media Player is fine, and it's prettier. Maybe I just have some hipster tendencies or something.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well great, now that you've mentioned it.. It's going to happen.

That was the plan. I think can all use a little Based God forced down our throat every now and then.
you're a stone fox
Crap, I thought this was a "Which one do you use?" poll. Disregard my vote for iTunes, I don't think I'm well-versed enough on the subject to be helpful, so in retrospect I wouldn't have voted.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I use mediamonkey, but that's because it's really good for organising a large library.

so much faster than itunes for importing files from my external drive. Dunno about the other requirements though.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by genghisgandhi
It is

And this, children, is why no knowledge is better than enough knowledge to say something stupid and misinformed.

Have you considered VLC? Never used it for music, but I use to always use it for DVDs, and I think it can play music.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
What sucks about iTunes? I've never had any problem with the actual playing of music. Everything else is gay as shit, but once the music is on it, it's fine for me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by rock.freak667
Songbird.

Songbird is my main music player. It has a layout similar to iTunes, built in last.fm add-on, and it's kind of has the capabilities of an internet browser as well. I won't make a full endorsement of it because it does have its own share of problems but I definitely think you should read up.

I used to use winamp but I never got into using its media library features and preferred it for smaller tasks...for which it got replaced with VLC.
Quote by bradulator
What sucks about iTunes? I've never had any problem with the actual playing of music. Everything else is gay as shit, but once the music is on it, it's fine for me.
This. Sure I don't love everything about it, but I'm seeing no reason to change over.
Quote by lushacrous
Spotify is all you'll ever need.

this.

i started using Spotify recently and that's all i haven't opened itunes since...that's not to say i don't like itunes, cause i do, but Spotify does what itunes does and more.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by due 07
I pity WMP users. That means you, MetallicSka and Momentosis.

Why?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
iTunes for music, VLC for video.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've been thinking of switching, but I think I'll just spend 12 hours sorting my iTunes instead.
VLC. I love it. Tons of supported codecs out-of-the-box, very solid, (never had any issue with playback like others,) and a lot of different interfaces. The last one is nice because i'm not always using a GUI, so it's really convenient to be able to run it from the command line and have it start all the necessities like my audio server.

I use rhythmbox whenever I need to put something on my ipod.
Eh, I don't really care about the music player as long as it does what I want: plays music. iTunes does the job for me, despite being kinda shitty. I should probably switch to something better, but I'm used to iTunes and too lazy to download something else.