Hey,

I've got a fender concert tube amp which belongs to a friend who lives in the UK.

It's got a problem, every time I turn the amp from standby to play, there is a bit of a popping sound. It only happens if the reverb is turned on, the sound sounds very reverby, then after a while it goes away.

I think it may be a problem with the spring reverb, or reverb tube, but I dont understand why it would only happen when I go from standby to play....

The whole amp, including reverb works fine apart from that

any thoughts?

I think the amp is from the 80s, its a 2x10" combo, looks like the tubes were replaced maybe 6 years ago, just before this guy left, then the amp wasn't used much.

I have cleaned all the connections. and fixed one of the support springs that was broken inside the spring reverb tank.

Thanks!
---
My deluxe reverb does that as well. I think it's normal. I get it both with and without reverb but it's only really audible with the reverb since it, well, reverberates.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Is it kind of like a gunshot? My DSL does that too, and from what I've read before I don't think it's a big problem. I think...
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab