I read this poem back in high school, I believe it was a Greek tragedy from the times of Homer and iliad's stuff (not to sure, not even sure if it was Greek maybe Roman?).

This is what I remember summarised.

Guy and girl love each other and are walking through a meadow or something.
Girl gets leg bitten by a snake (there was some reason for this, I think the guy consorted with another woman, or maybe she did with another man.. idk). Girl dies
Guy vows to get her back from the underworld and... (idk travels the underworld I guess)
*forgotten*
Someone of evil kind makes a deal with him that If he can take her back to the "overworld"?
Then she will breath life once again, but he CANNOT look at her whilst dragging her back to the top no matter how much she screams in agony.
He does look back, She gets taken back to the underworld, never to be alive once again.. (I think that's how it ends idk.)

Sad story. Any idea on what It was called?
ughhh, I remember learning about this story in my latin class (it's a myth actually, I think) but I forget what it is called.
Quote by genghisgandhi
It's the story of Hades and Persephone. Not sure what poem it is though.

This. Learn your mythology TS.
you're a stone fox
I thought Persephone was the one who got tricked into eating pomegranates, and that's why she had to stay? No?
Quote by neidnarb11890
I thought Persephone was the one who got tricked into eating pomegranates, and that's why she had to stay? No?

YUP!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Incidentally, I'm sure I just recently read something that referenced this story, and it's gonna drive me crazy if I don't remember where it was.

EDIT: Oh it was some Boethius.

This case is closed.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Oct 3, 2011,
Quote by Minkaro

THAT'S IT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ty to everyone else who commented too, some of those other myths, poems, stories are a great read too. And yes Saint78 I will learn more of my mythology. It was for my Advanced English class, We don't have Latin in Australia... : (