Page 1 of 2
I need to know something. What's up with all the people on here who have 'My Little Pony' in their avatars?

Is it a genuinely good show? Or are they doing it ironically?

Unless it's a show like 'Happy Tree Friends' where the characters all look 'colourful' but the actual content is quite adult/dark/serious.

I've never watched it but I've seen it ALOT on other sites. Is it a Meme?
They think by liking something SO faggy, that it's cool. If it was a normal amount of stupid, it would just be "gay", but if you can find something OVER THE TOP, it becomes cool and ironic.

You ****ing wait until "Strawberry Shortcake" becomes the new "Pony" thing. Mark my words.

/half joking.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by due 07
Yeah, it's like Happy Tree Friends, but with more adult content. Pretty hot.

This. They fuck each other all the time and shoot up heroin every other episode. That's what friendship and magic are really about.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
They all actually like it for some reason. It grates on my nerves. The voices in particular.

I'm genuinely surprised you don't know of the "brony" phenomenon.
It is to show that half of us on here are fruits....

I however like men.....

Pics on my profile boys!!!!!!!!!! come see what you have been missing...kitty will show you all she has to offer.!!!!!
I haz gotten gud
Quote by chaos13
This. They fuck each other all the time and shoot up heroin every other episode. That's what friendship and magic are really about.

Hope I don't get banned for this!

Quote by due 07
Hope I don't get banned for this!

You should have been president
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Am I being trolled?

If it's like HTF I'd atleast give it a glance, that show was rather funny
The episode where the moose gets his leg caught under a tree and chops it off with a spoon only to realise that it was the wrong leg.
It started as 4chan trolling everyone into thinking it was some amazing show, and the kiddies who wanted to fit in online actually started watching it. They grew to like it, and it spread across the internet. Now thousands of man children watch it, and genuinely like it, and its pretty sad, but still hilarious for the rest of the internet.

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by genghisgandhi
Honestly, does anyone still care about that?

Says the dedicated supporter of the loser Canadian.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Why did anyone care in the first place...glad that shit's over with.

Edit: @ the pic above: What the ****?
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Oct 3, 2011,
It started as 4chan trolling everyone into thinking it was some amazing show, and the kiddies who wanted to fit in online actually started watching it. They grew to like it, and it spread across the internet. Now thousands of man children watch it, and genuinely like it, and its pretty sad, but still hilarious for the rest of the internet.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7809/bronies.png[MG]
Quote by genghisgandhi

Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Crazyedd123
Am I being trolled?

If it's like HTF I'd atleast give it a glance, that show was rather funny
The episode where the moose gets his leg caught under a tree and chops it off with a spoon only to realise that it was the wrong leg.

Unfortunately, no. I've asked them countless times why they like it, and I still can't understand. Well, now the hivemind just calls you a troll if you step in the thread and do anything but lick pony ass, but before that, I never got a decent explanation.
I've actually written a couple posts about this before, since no one seems to know how the show actually got popular.

After the pilot aired on The Hub, Cartoon Brew published an article titled The End of the Creator-Driven Era in TV Animation. The folks at /co/ had a laugh at the absurdity and shallow-minded cynicism of the article, and decided to watch the pilot of Friendship is Magic. They thought it had pretty good animation, and decently written characters. So they watched episode two, and three, and so on. By a number of episodes into the season, the entire forum was swept up in "Pony Fever", if you will.

The craze inevitably traveled over to /b/, who loved the show for its cuteness, nostalgia, and subtle humor. Soon, /b/ was also raving about the show. Naturally, it slowly traveled throughout the rest of the internet.

So that's the story of MLP's ascension to cult popularity.
Its for people who think they look cool for being comfortable with their masculinity.
Quote by due 07
I've actually written a couple posts about this before, since no one seems to know how the show actually got popular.

After the pilot aired on The Hub, Cartoon Brew published an article titled The End of the Creator-Driven Era in TV Animation. The folks at /co/ had a laugh at the absurdity and shallow-minded cynicism of the article, and decided to watch the pilot of Friendship is Magic. They thought it had pretty good animation, and decently written characters. So they watched episode two, and three, and so on. By a number of episodes into the season, the entire forum was swept up in "Pony Fever", if you will.

The craze inevitably traveled over to /b/, who loved the show for its cuteness, nostalgia, and subtle humor. Soon, /b/ was also raving about the show. Naturally, it slowly traveled throughout the rest of the internet.

I know how it got popular; I just don't know why.
Quote by Lost Dog
Its for people who think they look cool for being comfortable with their masculinity.

Oh ye, I totally like it now...

>_>

<_<

>_>
I used to think it was good for what it is (and no, it wasn't just to fit in, I've always had a weird thing for children's shows, and I'm not masculine at all. Actually, the "feeling comfortable with your manliness" thing was always stupid).

People took it too seriously and the huge internet following ruined the childhood innocence aspect of the show.
Quote by Holy Katana
I know how it got popular; I just don't know why.

My post covered both.
Quote by due 07

I beg to differ.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by genghisgandhi
Hipsters hate MLP. Don't further besmirch their reputation.

I guess MLP got too mainstream for them
Quote by HolyKatana
Adventure Time > MLP

I think even the most rabid, lonely bronies would (read: should) agree with you on that.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I beg to differ.

Why do people assume there's some type of hidden reason for why people enjoy the show? I watch it because I like it. Not even obsessive over it, I watch it like once a week.

Quote by Holy Katana
Adventure Time > MLP

Do agree. Adventure time is awesome, along with flapjack.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 3, 2011,

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7809/bronies.png
Fact.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
It's like wearing a pink shirt. With ponies on it.

I've watched the first season. It's a little too episodic for my taste, but it is geared towards children after all.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Why do people assume there's some type of hidden reason for why people enjoy the show? I watch it because I like it. Not even obsessive over it, I watch it like once a week.

This. There's no 'hidden reason' for why we like it... we just enjoy the show, and genuinely like to watch it. That's it. If that makes us fags, or furries, or whatever, then I couldn't really care less, because in the end, I'm still watching something that I enjoy. What's next, are you going to liken me to a serial killer because I enjoy Dexter?
Page 1 of 2