Ive been learning some songs and technique and I believe I'm ready to start playing in front of people, but I have no one to play with and its like a music desert here in central louisiana. how can i take my music further?
Look outside your friends group. I'm sure that somebody plays music in Louisiana, otherwise you can make a lot of money being the only person anywhere in central Louisiana that plays music.

Or maybe you're in that town from Footloose? The one where dancing is banned, but in your case it's music? In that case call Kevin Bacon and see if he's free.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
^^ Kevin Bacon actually does have his own band. The Bacon Brothers.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by agelesslink
I have no one to play with and its like a music desert here in central louisiana. how can i take my music further?

Play Handel's Water Music.
Play in front of your parents, family, friends etc.

Throw events at your house, and impress everyone with your musical talent.

Let the word spread. Then headline the Superbowl.
ok i've got it. ive got kevin bacon on the 5 string bass. andy mckee on the trumpet and lady gaga as our drumset. where can we go wrong!
Quote by agelesslink
ok i've got it. ive got kevin bacon on the 5 string bass. andy mckee on the trumpet and lady gaga as our drumset. where can we go wrong!

Who says MT can't solve problems!

This would make a great photoshop.
Soundcloud
How do you know there's nobody out there?

Are you going to open mic nights? Where are you looking for other musicians?
start a band with some friends or find some people online on like craigslist or something. When I got my first band I got alot better musically just from playing with other people and learning from eachother. it's a great experience.
there are no open mic nights. barely any craigslist ad on musicians. went to the local music shop to see if there were any events where other musicians could meet. their reply,"dude, we sell instruments."
Where exactly in central Louisiana do you live agelesslink?
Soundcloud
If the going really gets tough, buy a looper, and maybe guitarpro/tuxguitar/garageband/whatever program lets you make music on Macs ("L" something?). And just jam by yourself. Make a drum track, rhythm part, lead guitar part and/or sing a vocal part. Works for some guys.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
If the going really gets tough, buy a looper, and maybe guitarpro/tuxguitar/garageband/whatever program lets you make music on Macs ("L" something?). And just jam by yourself. Make a drum track, rhythm part, lead guitar part and/or sing a vocal part. Works for some guys.

Logic?

Yeah, get Logic/Reaper/whatever, an Axe-Fx, and a good drum sampler (Periphery used Superior Drummer 2.0, that can work with the right tweaking) and hook a laptop to a PA and you'll be good to go.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Logic?

Yeah, get Logic/Reaper/whatever, an Axe-Fx, and a good drum sampler (Periphery used Superior Drummer 2.0, that can work with the right tweaking) and hook a laptop to a PA and you'll be good to go.

Yes, Logic. I'm sure I couldve googled it, but whatever.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by Hail
Logic?

You must have some deep, DEEP pockets.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
You must have some deep, DEEP pockets.

If you're planning on going professional, good rigs can cost a hell of a lot more than a $2600 box and a $750 switcher. It's not like "Whelp, guess I can get an Axe-Fx with half this check!" Consider it more like saving up for a Mesa, or a custom guitar. It takes time, but it's worth it in the long run.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
If you're planning on going professional, good rigs can cost a hell of a lot more than a $2600 box and a $750 switcher. It's not like "Whelp, guess I can get an Axe-Fx with half this check!" Consider it more like saving up for a Mesa, or a custom guitar. It takes time, but it's worth it in the long run.

Oh I know, trust me, I know.

But I would definitely not recommend an Axe FX as someone's first interface. Maybe a Line 6 POD or an MAudio interface would be a better way to start.
and ive thought about a looper. ive just been saving up for an acoustic amp or PA first