so ive got an epiphone special 2 les pual edition guitar and it weighs a good ten pounds max, and i decided to put it on a guitar hangar. Like the ones u screw into the wall and hold the headstock and hold ur guitar above the ground. i originally used the hangar for my acoustic which is light as hell, but this has soem wieght and i dunno if this is good for the guitar. Can it screw up the neck or anything?
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Depends on the guitar hanger, some are definitely built better than others. I dont think it would really mess with the neck that much or cause any sort of warping if its a trusted brand and is made of the right material. Your guitar should be fine.

All in all its always just safer to store your guitars on the ground in a case. There is a lot less risk that way. If there is an earthquake or any sort of large bump in your house, theres no real guarantee that the guitar will make it. I gotta admit tho, it always looks pretty damn awesome just hanging on the wall lol
lol yeah but i just have a random hook hanging out of the wall so i figured i should use it for something. so it should be fine then?
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Make sure the wall hanger is screwed into the wood in the wall (forgot what they're called, feel retarded haha). Don't hang anything on there if it's just in the drywall.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
like a...hmmmm...a stud? i think thats what your talking about lol
if you put it up there, for the love of god use a stud finder, remember most walls the studs are every 16" screw it in, put some weight on it first of course.

in my room i ran two 2 x 12's (not speakers wood) accross the board so i could fit the maximum number up there. i think i have 11 hangers on that wall.

i screwed the 2x12" into every stud four times down the whole wall and mounted the hangers to the 2x12"s

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Neck-wise, you should be better off hanging it than putting it in guitar rack. And no, it shouldn't screw your neck.
I'm jelly, always wanted to hang my guitars but don't have appropriate space to do so... :|