I've never done an NGD before, but figured I should because I'm in love with this baby and I don't think I've ever seen one on here! Sorry in advance for the kind of shitty pictures, I'm not a photographer

I know you guys don't really like abalone...but there's more where that came from

There's even abalone in the knobs christ. None of these pics show off the colour too well. This is probably closest!

Anyway, this is a Schecter pt custom. They were discontinued somewhere between 04-06, I'm not 100% sure! I've always loved tele bodies and tele style guitars, and have toyed with the idea of buying a jim root telecaster but never had the cash. When I came across this in a picture online, I fell in love and began looking around for one online all over the place. Eventually came across a guy selling it for $500 with a case and figured since they were around that price before that was a pretty good deal. I'm pretty sure it's got a mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. It came with Duncan Designed pups. Some online reviews say that the stock pups are terrible but I figured I'd give 'em a shot. After playing a show and a few practices with them, I finally decided to switch them out. The tone was really shrill and brittle, and had hardly any definition. I ordered some dimarzios online and now it's my favourite guitar. The crunch lab and liquifire set really live up to the hype. Every review I've found talks about how great they are and they really aren't exaggerating. I haven't actually had a chance to play em through my 5150 but already with home recording and such the Schecter sounds so much better.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
HNGD! I'm one of the crowd that doesn't like abalone...but it really doesn't matter, as long as you like it.

I think your guitar looks quite comfortable, warm.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Is it just me or does the Schecter logo look odd running into the binding...

Nice guitar.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i saw that first picture and thought meh another superstrat schecter. then downwards and my telecaster needs were fulfilled again

HNGD!
I found one in my hometown for $250 used. Damn thing sold 5 minutes before i got there. Congrats man!
Damn nice! The neck looks like it's the same as C-1 Custom with the normal scale length 24.75". Is it?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Very tasty

Any out door shots?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Hngd!!!
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
Quote by Tom 1.0
Very tasty

Any out door shots?

I live in an apartment so unfortunately not. There is a ravine behind it but there's no way in hell im hiking back there with my guitar and a stand
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Shame.

It looks great

HNGD!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Very sexy! Although my only gripe with it is that the lettering on the headstock does look a little weird going into the binding, but hey that's just minor aesthetics.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by hminh87
Damn nice! The neck looks like it's the same as C-1 Custom with the normal scale length 24.75". Is it?

I'm pretty sure it is! To be honest I didn't do an insane amount of research before buying, so it was a bit of a gamble but I'm really happy with it. It plays pretty much the same as my friend's C-1 Classic so if the C-1 classic is 24.75", this probably is too!
EDIT- just looked into it a bit further. I realised every single guitar i own is coincidentally 24.75". I've never really payed attention to scale length but I guess subconsciously that's the one I favour

Quote by jkielq91
That's really nice. What music style does your band play?

We play metal/metalcorey type stuff. I have a link in my sig to our facebook which has a few songs posted if you're interested

Quote by barden1069
Very sexy! Although my only gripe with it is that the lettering on the headstock does look a little weird going into the binding, but hey that's just minor aesthetics.

Yeah, agreed. It does look a little odd, but I guess they were really hellbent on putting abalone everywhere possible
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Last edited by gucio93 at Oct 4, 2011,
DAMN nice, even though I'm not a fan of tele shapes, I love abalone though, nobody else seems too ):
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Too much abalone
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

So amazingly jealous right now dude. I'd kill for that. Treat her right, and if you ever want to sell, I call dibs
Quote by Controlpanel
Too much abalone

too much is not enough
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Can we have a shot of the heel? I'm pretty curious.

You mean like the neck heel? sure. It's a set neck and there's a bit of a contour in the body too to help reach the higher frets. It's not like a set thru but the little cutwaway on the back helps.

Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!