hey everyone.. i got a marshall mg100fx about two months ago and im starting to feel i made a huge mistake in buying it. i dont get the heavy tone im looking for and i feel really retarded for not researching before i bought it :/ is there anything i could do to get my tone (death metal tone)??? or do i need a different amp?

your advice would be very much appreciated
I would reccomend selling that amp and getting a tube amp mate.

Is that an option?
Quote by billabob
I would reccomend selling that amp and getting a tube amp mate.

Is that an option?

i was thinking that as well.. i feel i just wasted my money
Quote by KAROVC
i was thinking that as well.. i feel i just wasted my money

I hate to make you feel bad mate but it seems that way, your never really gonna get a great death metal tone from a marshall mg amp...
Quote by billabob
I hate to make you feel bad mate but it seems that way, your never really gonna get a great death metal tone from a marshall mg amp...

its alright i already feel bad :P i got so excited when it got delivered, then i played it, didnt like it and felt retarded. lol
Check the store's return policies. Sometimes they're willing to make a deal with you if you're interesting in buying something else from them at a higher price. Its definitely worth a shot.
Quote by Picklelerner
Check the store's return policies. Sometimes they're willing to make a deal with you if you're interesting in buying something else from them at a higher price. Its definitely worth a shot.

thanks but i bought it from an ebay store :/
If you're low on dough get one of them AMT Legend pedals and run it into the clean channel of the amp. You'll be doing deathmetal in no time!
Quote by KAROVC
thanks but i bought it from an ebay store :/

... and what did you learn? >:/

Jk lol Its perfectly normal to make mistakes like this. I like to think the most important rule of purchasing guitars and guitar accessories is to always try it out before you buy it. You never know what could go wrong.

I completely agree with the guy above me, invest in a pedal that has the tone youre looking for. It wont be perfect, but itll very close to what you want.
Quote by Picklelerner
... and what did you learn? >:/

Jk lol Its perfectly normal to make mistakes like this. I like to think the most important rule of purchasing guitars and guitar accessories is to always try it out before you buy it. You never know what could go wrong.

I completely agree with the guy above me, invest in a pedal that has the tone youre looking for. It wont be perfect, but itll very close to what you want.

hahahaha yer i know.. like i said before i feel really retarded about it lol
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??