Page 1 of 3
The New Testament writers included embarrassing details and difficult sayings of Jesus.

The New Testament writers are also honest about Jesus. Not only do they record self-incriminating details about themselves, they also record embarrassing facts about Jesus, that on the surface, place Him in a bad light:

He is considered “out of his mind” by his mother and brothers who came to get him and take him home (Mark 3:21, 31)

Is not believed by his own brothers (John 7:5)

Is thought to be a deceiver (John 7:12)

Is deserted by many of his followers (John 6:66)

Turns off “Jews who had believed in him” (John 8:30-31) so much so that they want to stone him (verse 59)

Is called a “drunkard” (Matthew 11:19)

Is called “demon-possessed” (Mark 3:22; John 7:20, 8:48)

Is called a “mad man” (John 10:20)

Allows his feet to be wiped by the hair of a prostitute who was unclean (Luke 7:36-39)

Is crucified by the Jews and Romans, despite the fact their own scriptures said, “anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse” (Deuteronomy 21:23; see also Galatians 3:13)

These are not the writings of men who are trying to depict Jesus as the perfect, sinless God-man. Nor are these qualities consistent with the Jewish expectations of the Messiah. In addition to these details, are several difficult sayings the writers record Jesus as saying. If they were merely making up such a story about Jesus being God then such statements would not be made:

He declares “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

Seems to predict incorrectly that he is coming back to earth within a generation (Matthew 24:34)

Then says about that second coming, that no one knows the time, “not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son” (Matthew 24:36)

Seems to deny his deity by asking the rich ruler, “Why do you call me good?…no one is good except for God alone” (Luke 18:19)

Is seen cursing a fig tree for not having figs when it was not even the season for figs (Matthew 21:18-)

Seems unable to do miracles in his hometown, except a few sickly folks (Mark 6:5)

So if the intent of the New Testament writers is to prove to everyone that Jesus is God, why did they leave in these difficult sayings that appear to argue against deity? Also Jesus makes what appears to be completely morbid claims such as, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you” (John 6:53). After this saying, “From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him” (John 6:66). The New Testament writers would not invent such a statement to be made to Jews whose very Judaism forbade drinking blood. It must be an authentic writing of actual facts.

While there are reasonable explanations for the difficult sayings, it makes no sense that the writers would leave such sayings in if they were merely trying to pass off a lie as the truth. Actually, the very idea of making up a character like Jesus is ludicrous …..a weak and dying Messiah….a sacrificial lamb…..one who will not defend himself---is the very antithesis of a man-made hero. A man-made hero is tireless at defending the helpless as well as protecting himself and showing he is better than the established order. He only falls after a tremendous struggle between himself and those who seek to take his life. So the best explanation is the New Testament writers were not the least bit loose with the facts but were so accurate as to record exactly what Jesus did and said, even if it caused them problems with doctrine later on.
So if it's true and I should live my life by it that means I can rape whoever I want and then just marry her right?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Take your bible preaching elsewhere you twit, like THE RELIGION AND PHILOSOPHY THREAD?!?!??!?! Holy jesus H christ isn't it a miracle that we have one of those?

EDIT Also, since I don't care, it's written fact that Jesus Christ was indeed alive. It's written as a piece of doctrine that some Roman thing had to do with something. Which leads me to believe Jesus was a Schizophrenic, and dumb people are still stupid.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Oct 4, 2011,
The guy saying you should make more threads on it was joking. You are a bit dense.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by ryan_nadon
So if it's true and I should live my life by it that means I can rape whoever I want and then just marry her right?

For one, that's not New Testament. The New Testament is a "new" covenant with God's people. Things changed from the old to the new covenant. Second, the Old Testament never said you were "allowed" to rape someone, just that you had to marry them if you did. And they didn't mind back then, they had hundreds of wives, what was one more?!
I get it now.

You must not be trolling. Who would dare intentionally embarrass themselves with these threads?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by bastards
Take your bible preaching elsewhere you twit, like THE RELIGION AND PHILOSOPHY THREAD?!?!??!?! Holy jesus H christ isn't it a miracle that we have one of those?

Quote by StewieSwan
The guy saying you should make more threads on it was joking. You are a bit dense.

Maybe a joke, but it was also a pretty good idea if you ask me.
lol, you make your point as if it were that the bible was written as a book for people to celebrate themselves.

what meaning have you applied to those people actually publishing all of that seemingly apparent 'humiliating' text?
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by fail
I get it now.

You must not be trolling. Who would dare intentionally embarrass themselves with these threads?

LOL......I would not waste "this" much time and effort trolling.
Quote by devourke

Please bro, it would only take a miracle for me to change my beliefs to anything but that wretched, corrupt "religion of god" and his son, the Schizophrenic. That is all I have to say about the subject, if you really want to change my mind, please, by all means, feel free to send me a PM
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by UnTangled
For one, that's not New Testament. The New Testament is a "new" covenant with God's people. Things changed from the old to the new covenant. Second, the Old Testament never said you were "allowed" to rape someone, just that you had to marry them if you did. And they didn't mind back then, they had hundreds of wives, what was one more?!

I'm bored now, tell me a different fairytale.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Last edited by ryan_nadon at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by bastards
Please bro, it would only take a miracle for me to change my beliefs to anything but that wretched, corrupt "religion of god" and his son, the Schizophrenic. That is all I have to say about the subject, if you really want to change my mind, please, by all means, feel free to send me a PM

Relax brah, I'm not religious, I was just having some continuity from his other thread.
Quote by UnTangled
LOL......I would not waste "this" much time and effort trolling.

What's your mission then?
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Posting something religious on a UG forum, like that's not asking to be ripped apart...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
You take a little bit of truth and you exaggerate the **** out of it. Story writing 101.
And again, quit with the pseudo logic!

At devourke:
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by devourke
Relax brah, I'm not religious, I was just having some continuity from his other thread.

Okay dowg, here's a e-beer on me
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by whitenihilist
Somewan stop this troll...

Also:

Would you? Could you?
Read it on a train?
How bout in the rain?
You may like it.
You will see.
You may like it in a tree!
Quote by UnTangled
Would you? Could you?
Read it on a train?
How bout in the rain?
You may like it.
You will see.
You may like it in a tree!

I sure as hell don't like it in the pit, now tits or GTFO
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
People are only mad because the truth threatens their preconceived notions about their lives and the meaning of their lives and their existence and such. COMMENCE PART 2
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Niiko
Posting something religious on a UG forum, like that's not asking to be ripped apart...

Ha! I am new and I had no idea I would get this many views, and comments. It's nothing like this on Facebook.

Another point made. All those Greek fables of gods and goddesses don't have enemies like Jesus and the Bible. Look at all the hate this accused "fake" hero gets....too real. For a fake God, Jesus really rocks your world!
Quote by bastards
I sure as hell don't like it in the pit, now tits or GTFO

Aww come on Dawg! You have all kinds of fables running around the pit, what's one more? Why does a fable tear you up so
Quote by UnTangled
Ha! I am new and I had no idea I would get this many views, and comments. It's nothing like this on Facebook.

Another point made. All those Greek fables of gods and goddesses don't have enemies like Jesus and the Bible. Look at all the hate this accused "fake" hero gets....too real. For a fake God, Jesus really rocks your world!

errrr, they became gods from a war y'know.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by ErikLensherr
People are only mad because the truth threatens their preconceived notions about their lives and the meaning of their lives and their existence and such. COMMENCE PART 2

A fable sure wouldn't do all that!
Quote by UnTangled

Okay, now you're really pushing the envelope buddy. If you have never heard of Greek mythology, which I'm assuming you haven't, you'd realize NONE of the Gods like each other. Ever heard of the Titans? Obviously not, since you would understand that the Christian mural of "God" figure is based SOLEY on the bust of Zeus. Don't like it? Take a look at the "touching the finger of god" from the church and any Greek-era representation of Zeus. If you want to know something else that'll tickle your pickle (Howd you like that Rhyme, ese?), then you'll probably have no trouble in realizing Roman Mythology is a Direct descendant on Greek Mythology. LRN2MYTHOLOGY home brew, do some homework, and soon you'll enlighten yourself.

Also I think you're a multi. And when you find that proof of Jesus existing, let me know so I can bookmark it.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by jetfuel495
Don't we have a religion/philosophy thread? There are many people there who would actually be willing to discuss this intelligently with you.

I just recently read that I should be posting there. I did see the thread, but thought that was a thread someone started about a specific topic. This is the first time I've ever posted at a forum. I'm use to the blogs at Myspace. This is a whole new layout than I'm use to. I might just finish in the Pit with part 1-C and then start part 2 in the thread religion/philosophy thread. Thanks!
I would bring up my sig again but everyone seems to conveniently ignore it...
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Page 1 of 3