well after 3/4ish years of playing, for various reasons, namely my house echoing ridicuolously, i could barely play guitar without giving everyone the sh!ts. So then by me buying an extremely loud (for my standards) tiny terror tube amp, combined with a beautiful guitar (maton ms2000, as played by josh homme - QotSA) that didn't quite fit my "style"/comfort needs, i called it quits and sold all my gear. This was a few months ago, but i hadn't played for about a year or possibly slightly more before that.

now i miss playing guitar, just messing around with it when im bored, that sorta thing. So i want to get back into it but obviously don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money incase situation prevents me from playing as much as id like to. ive always liked roland cube amps, i think they're great for what you pay, and please don't try to convince me otherwise, but what i want to know is this. for around $500 AU (which despite the economy, still wont pay for a guitar thats of equal value in USA, due to tax's and what not) which may buy me a guitar worth around $350 in america, what kind of choice do i have in instruments. I love different kinds of music, from muse and queens of the stone age, to metallica, and aaalll the way over to hendrix. In the past i've equally loved the feel of a good strat, LP, or JEM, so clearly there's no single type of guitar, nor genre of music that i like.

So please, suggest me some quality low end instruments. THAAAAANKS

p.s i have no problem going used, thing is the used guitar market around my area (st george/sutherland shire district, sydney if anyone's from around here) is weak as, and i don't want to buy anything without playing it first i.e from the internet
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Last edited by oatley at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
check out your local classifieds (kijiji, craigs list, etc..) you can usually pick up some decent gear off them for cheap
Ibanez - Art320
Dean - Mustaine VMNT (silver)
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Line6 Spider Valve II 212, Blackstar HT5C
i've never been a fan of SG's at all but those last two look sweet, thanks man. Any other suggestions??
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Fender Blacktops?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
not much of a fan of the look to be honest. im searching gumtree now so exciting haha .. i miss guitar
Quote by Fred1000000