Yes
116 47%
No
86 35%
Undecided or other
43 18%
Voters: 245.
Page 1 of 4
It's easy to throw out that you do or you don't depending on which news article you read that day. But in all seriousness, do you? Will society improve, maybe even reach utopian levels? Is it going to get worse and worse until the end of the world?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I AM the faith in humanity. seems like anyway.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Absolutely. One day, kids. One day... utopia.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
As long as there is free will people will continue to be arseholes to each other. It's in our nature. We are moving towards a more fair society though.
Whether people think or don't think they're capable of change, they're right.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It is darkest before dawn. I have hope that we can achieve utopia without catastrophe, but given human nature and it's creations seems likely impossible. Also, the possibility of extraordinary life disliking humans is plausible. That would really fuck our shit up
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I believe in my lifetime it will always be this way. War and power, that's human nature. I hope it changes eventually, but I'll be long gone before then.
There is too much diversity and too many different beliefs and views in this world for everyone to come to complete agreement on a 'unified' cultural lifestyle.
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Quote by Dirge Humani
The world is always getting better.

The question wasn't about whether the world would get better or not.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
can you imagine what life would be like in 10,000 years?
do you believe human society will last that long? will we even be humans at that point?

if our descendants were to find some evidence of our/your life/lifestyle what would you want them to know?

Quote by dann_blood
The question wasn't about whether the world would get better or not.

She asked three questions. Two were concerning if the world will get better. Majority dictates that that was, in fact, the question.
Quote by Harvey Swick
can you imagine what life would be like in 10,000 years?
do you believe human society will last that long? will we even be humans at that point?

if our descendants were to find some evidence of our/your life/lifestyle what would you want them to know?

When they find my facebook they won't be impressed with our "beastial norms"
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by korinaflyingv
The world will remain as good/bad as it is now, and always has been. I don't see why anyone would have any faith in humanity, we're just ****ing animals, nothing special.

it seems to me, the ironic thing is, when we realize this and acknowledge this fact, well, that's what makes us special.

Quote by Dirge Humani
She asked three questions. Two were concerning if the world will get better. Majority dictates that that was, in fact, the question.

The last two are framed within the context of the first.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by WantsLesPaul
When I start loosing faith in humanity I usually read this book called "Logical Evidence That The New Testament Is True". It's a truly riveting tale.

That is when I start losing my faith in humanity, 500 000 years of existance, and we still believe in fairytales...
As the philosopher Marge Simpson once put it, "everyone has a different vision for the perfect world".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by WantsLesPaul
When I start loosing faith in humanity I usually read this book called "Logical Evidence That The New Testament Is True". It is truly a riveting tale.

ಠ_ಠ
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I suspect things have been shit in one way or another since the dawn of civilisation, and I'd put money on things being shit until we all go extinct. I don't believe there will ever be a utopia, but on the other hand I don't think we'll be directly responsible for our own destruction.
Quote by Harvey Swick
it seems to me, the ironic thing is, when we realize this and acknowledge this fact, well, that's what makes us special.
Realising that you're not special, makes you special?
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
i was going for something about sentience but yeah that works too.^

Quote by Butt Rayge
I suspect things have been shit in one way or another since the dawn of civilisation, and I'd put money on things being shit until we all go extinct. I don't believe there will ever be a utopia, but on the other hand I don't think we'll be directly responsible for our own destruction.

We probably won't wipe ourselves out, but it's more likley we could just destroy a lot of the population in a big war and then everything is just really shit thereafter. We've never had the technology to do that in the past and in the last 60 or so years since the nuke was invented we've come far too close far too many times, it's inevitable.
Quote by Craigo
Yes, but I still believe the next century is going to be horrible sailing which may break us.

What do you mean by that?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail
What do you mean by that?

some sort of prophecy i'm guessing...

Quote by Zoot Allures
We probably won't wipe ourselves out, but it's more likley we could just destroy a lot of the population in a big war and then everything is just really shit thereafter. We've never had the technology to do that in the past and in the last 60 or so years since the nuke was invented we've come far too close far too many times, it's inevitable.

I don't doubt there's going to be some massive catastrophe in the (possibly near) future. I think everybody has put up with America's cuntish world policing too long for some major shit not to go down. With the middle eastern uprisings, North Korea's general insanity, and China's rise to power and the US sinking more and more borrowed money into their military it seems there's only a matter of time before things escalate.
Just seeing the people around me gives me faith.

I have friends who want to go into medicine to help, I have family that run a volunteer association that helps the elderly and disabled, I see randomers on the street going out of their way to help old people across the street.

As much evil and stupidity there is in the world, there is at least and equal amount of good and thoughtfulness.
Quote by Craigo
I see better qualities in people than a lot of others do, and can next people on the whole to be somewhat good.

Crunky's been telling me that there are quite a few philosophers (not many of whom are happy about this) who think society is moving to a kind of post-ethical stage where what's ethical is perceived as what doesn't result in punishment. Thoughts?
Quote by Vornik
When globalization will crush the remnants of your shitty cultures, your religions shattered, flags burnt and borders broken we will unite to form an awesome society.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
and after all the bickering a happy flaming rock will come crashing from the sky and finally end the scourge known as humans once and for all. then in a couple million years whatever thinks IT is the be all end all will dig up our shit and our bones and makes all kinds of wrong assumptions about our meaning as it argues about it's imaginary all knowing being in the sky.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Yes. Why would I bother arguing politics and shit if I didn't?
Check out my band Disturbed
Yes, because I don't read an article about one persons wrongdoings then think 'oh my god, no faith in humanity left, because literally everyone else in the world is as bad as this and I'm certainly not an overdramatic twat'
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by fail
It's easy to throw out that you do or you don't depending on which news article you read that day. But in all seriousness, do you? Will society improve, maybe even reach utopian levels? Is it going to get worse and worse until the end of the world?

No. Maybe. Maybe.
RIP Gooze

cats
I still think there are more people with a tendency to be good than there are people with a tendency to be bad in the world. It's not that bad, guys.
Page 1 of 4