I was just curious as to how The Pit would handle this; I think I've already figured out what we're going to do.

So, in my band (it's Alternative, kinda Grungy), there are four people: the rhythm guitarist, the lead guitarist, myself (the drummer), and the bassist. The rhythm guitarist is the lead vocalist. The lead guitarist has had vocal lessons, and while he isn't an amazing singer, he isn't bad by any means. I'm self-taught as far as vocals go (and, well, every other instrument), and the singer seems to prefer my vocals over the lead guitarists (the only problem is that singing while playing drums takes awhile to get used to). The lead guitarist and I don't really have any problems sharing the backing parts; it's cool to have a lot of people in a band who can sing.

The problem is that the bassist wants to sing, and, well.... he just can't. His vocals just aren't good. What I wanted to ask you guys is how would you handle it? Would you let him sing anyways? Would you get him voice lessons? Would you find an excuse to stop him from singing? Or would you just tell him that his vocals don't work?
Say it like this: Bass player, you can't sing. We can. Close your trap.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Tell him to get lessons.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
"Listen, your bass playing sucks, your vocal talent sucks and your mother sucks, therefore you're fired"
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
"Listen, your bass playing sucks, your vocal talent sucks and your mother sucks, therefore you're fired"

You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Eh, most people are capable of singing if they just practice for a while. I'd tell the bass player in an encouraging way that his singing needs work.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Have the bassist get some vocal/singing lesssons, and then let him sing when you think his vocals are on an acceptable level?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Say these exact words...
"I know you're trying hard to get these vocals right but i think with a little more work, maybe lessons or something you'd really add to the vocals in the band. Right now we have -rhythm gtrist name- and -lead gtrist name- so we're cool on just two harmonies for now, what do you think?"

Make it constructive criticism - make him know you want him there, that you appreciate his effort, and that you are giving him a chance to be honest with himself and involving his thoughts on the situation. If he doesnt go 'yeah i guess so' then just **** him. Average bass players arent hard to replace.

By the way... singing whilst playing guitar is just as hard/harder than singing whilst playing drums except things guitarists play are commonly off beat and move around more than a drummer's rhythm. Just sayin
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.