There is a 1986 model 4 Charvel, black with rosewood dot fretboard, made in japan with USA Kahler, skull knobs, and I think a Dimarzio Megadrive in the bridge at a nearby pawn shop.
The price is $250, it looks to be in good shape, is this worth the money?
Cusp of Magic
if it's in really good shape and the kahler is complete then yeah it's worth it. i'd offer $200 and go from there.
Yes.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by monwobobbo
if it's in really good shape and the kahler is complete then yeah it's worth it. i'd offer $200 and go from there.

+1

Yes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The frets are in great shape and the kahler complete. there were no blemishes from what i saw, except a couple avenged sevenfold stickers lol.
Is the kahler on it, i think which is a 2300, able to lock down so you cant move it?
I have no experience with a kahler, my other guitar has a floyd rose, i thought maybe with the charvel i could have the option of locking the bridge and alternating from standard to drop d...
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
The frets are in great shape and the kahler complete. there were no blemishes from what i saw, except a couple avenged sevenfold stickers lol.
Is the kahler on it, i think which is a 2300, able to lock down so you cant move it?
I have no experience with a kahler, my other guitar has a floyd rose, i thought maybe with the charvel i could have the option of locking the bridge and alternating from standard to drop d...

I know the newer hybrid kahlers lock down...not sure of the old ones. If you really want this option, check out wammi world...they will take trade ins: Old kahlers for new.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I looked at it again today. I won't be able to buy it until saturday or monday.
I just hope it's still there, it's been there since July.
I examined it and it appears to be in overall great shape.
There's a tiny indent on i think the 13th fret but not bad enough it inhibits the string.
Why assholes manage to put dents like that in frets is beyond me.
I read up and it said it has an active midboost, i tried pulling the knobs and nothing happened, so not sure how that works, it does have a dimarzio in the bridge and i think the stock single coils which are stacked humbuckers.
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
I looked at it again today. I won't be able to buy it until saturday or monday.
I just hope it's still there, it's been there since July.
I examined it and it appears to be in overall great shape.
There's a tiny indent on i think the 13th fret but not bad enough it inhibits the string.
Why assholes manage to put dents like that in frets is beyond me.
I read up and it said it has an active midboost, i tried pulling the knobs and nothing happened, so not sure how that works, it does have a dimarzio in the bridge and i think the stock single coils which are stacked humbuckers.

Lots of A7X style taping and hammering..obviously
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
It sounds pretty amazing for the price. I'd still try to talk him down though.
I was about to say "replace the bridge pickup" until I saw that it has already been replaced.

For $250 I say go for it. I have 1/2 of an '88 Model 4, and aside from the horrid J-50BC in the bridge and the locking nut on the Floyd models, it's a great playing guitar especially for $250.
if it is a model 4 then it will have 2- 3 way mini switches that work the electronics. the list on that model was $899.99 back in 88. figure it sold in stores for around $700
Well, it's been there since july, so surely it could sit there until the weekend when i can snag it. i was just making sure i'd be striking gold in a pawn shop.
I may keep the pickups in it, if the stock neck and bridge single coils are actually stacked humbuckers, that's pretty cool.
I have no idea if the mid boost circuit is still in it, but i probably won't be making any modifications to it unless it's installing schaller straplocks, or using a dimarzio style cliplock strap since the buttons are HUGE.
Cusp of Magic