Just wondering why my double pedals feel super loose, all my friends' drum kits are so easy and effortless to play double bass on, however I have absolutely no rebound. I've tried tightening (at least thats what I think I did, dont really know how this shit works), and loosening them, but honestly, i cant notice any difference. What could be wrong? Also, how do I remove the springs? Tried to replace them, but I just cant get them off. Incredibly frustrating. The pedals in question are Pearl Eliminators btw, and they've been like this for as long as ive had them. Got them used from my band's drummer.
Thanks, etc.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
you may need to tighten your bass drum skins, it may not be the pedals fault

Thought about that too, however i have tried tightening it. Didn't help. I mean really, it made absolutely NO difference at all. Right now I have the bass drum almost as tight as it can go, and the springs as tight as they can go too. Still nowhere near the rebound ive experienced with other kits.
Have you tried pulling back your beater angle, thus raising the foot plate? And what pedals do you have? 'Cause it might just be the pedals.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Im gonna say its faulty springs that hold the tension between the beaters and the kick pedal
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Niiko
Have you tried pulling back your beater angle, thus raising the foot plate? And what pedals do you have? 'Cause it might just be the pedals.

I've tried that, but it just made it impossible to play, way too much effort to even get the beater to the BD head. I dunno. I've got Pearl Eliminators. Might also be that the bass drum is shit, it's from some millennium starter-kit type thingy. Would wanna try changing the springs and see if it's that, they do seem kinda loose. How would I go about removing the springs? There's just no room to get them out...
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Oct 4, 2011,
shorten the beater length. tension the spring halfway, make the pedal steep as possible, should make it easier for you. a lot of it is down to technique too. infact 80% of it is.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass