Page 1 of 2
Any of you guys go out by yourself? I'm talking about anything here really: clubs, concerts, bars, the cinema, sport events etc.

The reason I ask is because I will be going out to see a DJ on Saturday night by myself because no one I know would be interested in going. And it just seems a bit odd the thought of getting drunk and listening to music in a club by myself for like 5 hours. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm just used to going out to places like this with my friends.

So, do you?
I thought it seemed kind of weird. I can't see myself going to the movies, a concert, or a sporting event alone.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Nah, if I had a job I'd go to the football on my own. I need a job
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

i go alone to the movies a lot.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Trowzaa
Nah, if I had a job I'd go to the football on my own. I need a job

+1 brother
It's a bit weird. It's definitely less enjoyable alone.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Im in the same boat, over the next few months theres about 10 club/small hall gigs I wanna see, except bar one or two bands i dont know anyone else who likes them. just get dfrunk and make new drunken friends
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I've never done it to be honest. Not a pub, movie nor a football match. I wouldn't enjoy it as much if at all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It's only weird if you make it weird.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I go to shows alone, because no one I know likes the music I do.

But you go enough, and you start to get to know the regulars.

Hey presto, new friends.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
It's honestly not the same. Weirdness or whatever aside, the experience itself isn't as fun without a friend or friends to share it with.
I've been out solo a few times. You always make friends. I saw Mastodon on my own a few years back, met loads of awesome people.
I do a fair amount. I mean, I have friends but sometimes they either aren't interested in going or have to do something else. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy stuff on my own

Hell, it's looking like I'm gonna be going to see Minus the Bear by myself in a couple weeks.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
If I didn't live 3 hours from the nearest city, I'd go to shows alone. Not many of my friends share similar musical taste as I do.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'v been to concerts alone. It's perfectly fine. I can't see going to a bar alone, unless you're an alcoholic or something.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Depends where and what it is. I'd never go to a festival on my own for like..a week.
And I don't particularly like travelling far on my own, simply because I'm likely to **** up and get lost...and I'd rather do that with someone I know.
Well I go shopping for clothes and stuff on my own, but apart from that I'm accompanied, going out with friends is the best man!
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by smb
I've been out solo a few times. You always make friends. I saw Mastodon on my own a few years back, met loads of awesome people.

That's true yeah. Whenever I've been out to a club and everyone is solely there for the music, there seems to be a really friendly atmosphere, rather than a normal club were you would get punched if you bumped into someone. Makes it easy to have a good few random chats and meet some good people.
I've gone to shows alone. There aren't always people who are willing and able to go with me. It's never any less fun. You can't talk while the band is playing, anyway. I've met some really cool people at concerts.
One of my friends loves going to gigs alone. You don't need to worry about sticking with anyone, if they're having a good time etc. I've never personally done it. I wouldn't mind going to see a band I really wanted to see alone but going to the cinema or to a pub alone seems a bit weird.
X
I went to a movie by myself, it's pretty weird. I pretended I was waiting for a friend while giving my ticket to the ticket guy. Once I was sitting and enjoying my popcorn it was good though, would do it again.
None of my friends like The New York Dolls but I went to see them my freshman year of college by myself. It was an awesome show too they missed out. I have been to a movie by myself and have gone to the bar alone. I don't find it weird or awkward.
I went to a Pearl Jam concert alone. Attempted to get 3 tickets, but only managed to score one so I went by myself as they´re my favourite band. I have trouble completely letting loose when people I know are around, so going alone made it a looot easier to shout along, move mah butt and striking up conversations with strangers was easier too. Some middle aged guy even offered me a place to stay if I ever visit Antwerp...
Sure

I mean, I don't, but that's just because I don't do things.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Going to concerts is nice with a couple friends, however I've gone to many just alone. The good thing about that is that you can wonder around anywhere and theres no one you have to friggin take care of or check that hes with you etc...
I've gone to bars and shows alone. I do it often. I see nothing strange about it.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by frankv
I went to a Pearl Jam concert alone. Attempted to get 3 tickets, but only managed to score one so I went by myself as they´re my favourite band. I have trouble completely letting loose when people I know are around, so going alone made it a looot easier to shout along, move mah butt and striking up conversations with strangers was easier too. Some middle aged guy even offered me a place to stay if I ever visit Antwerp...

Yougonnagetraped.jpeg
I don't think I could go to a bar alone, I'd be too self conscious (paranoid) that I were being judged.
That said I freakin love going to movies by myself, shits awesome when you go at like 10 in the morning and there's only like 2 other dorks in the theatre.
Never gone to a concert myself, I can usually find someone to come with, but I would if I couldn't find a pal.
Last edited by CorvetteRick at Oct 4, 2011,
I've tried going to pubs on my own before, awkward as all hell. But I am myself awkward as all hell. Maybe that's why.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
I've tried going to pubs on my own before, awkward as all hell. But I am myself awkward as all hell. Maybe that's why.

Haha this.
Page 1 of 2