I'm not very good with the programming and all that, so I need help from someone who's smarter than me

My old email accout with hotmail (which I no longer use, but I kept open just incase I hadn't told everyone my proper one) appears to have been hacked by somebody who is now sending emails to everyone on the Contacts list and email asking for a large sum of money, and pretending (obviously) to be my very good self in need of financial help.

I cannot get into the account anymore with my password and they have also changed the 'secret question', so I cannot gain access via the 'forgot password' route.

Would anybody be able to give me info/instructions on how to hack back into my old email so I can delete it please?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Usually, when you sign up for an email account, you have to provide an alternate email address for safety measures, try looking into that.

If all else fails, mass email your friends with your current email warning them about the hacker, and contact your service provider and see if you can have them shut it down.

My Advice, Take it for what it's worth...
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by rockdude375
I'm not very good with the programming and all that, so I need help from someone who's smarter than me

My old email accout with hotmail (which I no longer use, but I kept open just incase I hadn't told everyone my proper one) appears to have been hacked by somebody who is now sending emails to everyone on the Contacts list and email asking for a large sum of money, and pretending (obviously) to be my very good self in need of financial help.

I cannot get into the account anymore with my password and they have also changed the 'secret question', so I cannot gain access via the 'forgot password' route.

Would anybody be able to give me info/instructions on how to hack back into my old email so I can delete it please?

you just need to contact ms and say its been hacked and report it.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Prove to me that it was your email account. Hacking into a random email can get you in a lot of trouble.
Tried that ^ yesterday the systems were down or something, wouldnt let me on. And the post above: that was my first email address so there is no other email with that one.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by Slayton101
Prove to me that it was your email account. Hacking into a random email can get you in a lot of trouble.

Unfortunately I cannot to your good self.
Quote by NickGiovanni
Usually, when you sign up for an email account, you have to provide an alternate email address for safety measures, try looking into that.

If all else fails, mass email your friends with your current email warning them about the hacker, and contact your service provider and see if you can have them shut it down.

My Advice, Take it for what it's worth...

This.....

Do that and everybody should understand, if you got facebook notify them also. If your friends worried about you they would probably call you or respond with a message wondering why. I wouldn't be to worried. Just notify everybody and notify your account holder for a phisher.
Thankyou, good people of The Pit. You're most helpful.
Quote by rockdude375
Unfortunately I cannot to your good self.

The best thing to do then is to contact your email provider. If you can't get a hold of them, try to find out if there is a parent company that owns them and contact them.
Find an XSS hole in the page, then inject a cookie logger into the page that will send cookies to your own server. You can then use this to find the cookie of the person logged into your account, and email everyone telling everyone not to send money to you. Then have your account deleted/closed.

Alternatively, a more skiddie approach would to be to find an SQL injection vulnerability, and exploit that to get the hashes of the passwords in the database. They may be salted, but if you know how they're salted, you should be able to deencrypt them. One of these passwords must be yours.

If you know who it was, you may be able to social engineer them into handing your password back, perhaps by setting up a fake webpage with the same HTML, or by posing as an authority.

And that's just a few ways to hack into your account. Otherwise you could just get in touch with the people at hotmail and have them close your account.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by Slayton101
The best thing to do then is to contact your email provider. If you can't get a hold of them, try to find out if there is a parent company that owns them and contact them.

I can prove it's mine, just not here. To hotmail, of anyone who's at my pc etc. I can prove it.

But thankyou, I now have to wait for hotmail to get back (or not) to me; if they dont i'll give them a ring.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Find an XSS hole in the page, then inject a cookie logger into the page that will send cookies to your own server. You can then use this to find the cookie of the person logged into your account, and email everyone telling everyone not to send money to you. Then have your account deleted/closed.

Alternatively, a more skiddie approach would to be to find an SQL injection vulnerability, and exploit that to get the hashes of the passwords in the database. They may be salted, but if you know how they're salted, you should be able to deencrypt them. One of these passwords must be yours.

If you know who it was, you may be able to social engineer them into handing your password back, perhaps by setting up a fake webpage with the same HTML, or by posing as an authority.

And that's just a few ways to hack into your account. Otherwise you could just get in touch with the people at hotmail and have them close your account.

This
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by SlayingDragons

Brain cannot compute
Clearly you need to delete your system32 folder.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
Clearly you need to delete your system32 folder.

I'm not that thick. You sly person, you.
Quote by rockdude375
I'm not that thick. You sly person, you.

Delete Boot.ini

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄