Hey guys,
I've got a gibson les paul at the moment and want some more versatility so i'm looking to get a metal-orientated guitar like a jackson, esp, ibanez etc.

Basically I'm looking for a guitar with a good base i.e. body and neck. I must have a floyd rose or other trem system. I'd be willing to spend up to E400 once ive the money but preferably cheaper. I dont mind if it's got crappy tuners etc. coz i want to make it a kinda project to work on over the next few years improving it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Quote by JesusCrisp
Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas or So-Cal.
A bit over your price range but definately worth it.

'fraid thats way too expensive! I just need a good quality solid base to work off..
then your in the wrong game, that money you spend on upgrades could be used to just buy a good guitar in the first place.

if you have to justify why you modded something you just look silly, unless you want to be the guy who modded a squier "because its the best MIC neck I ever felt hurdurr" and a cheap floyd? Plan upgrading that? thats £200 alone

or buy this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-RG1570-Prestige-Mirage-Blue-Electric-Guitar-/220865795677?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item336ca0965d#ht_500wt_1287

and be happy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Oct 4, 2011,
word on the just buying a decent guitar to start. you're on a hiding to nothing if you don't. As tom says, a decent quality floyd is ~£130 on its own.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
RG550/560/570
upgrade pickups
usually found cheap and are rad as hell in every other department
/thread
pffft get with it angus, i found a 1570 in ireland for 280 BIN

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Same thing as a 570 with prestige on the headstock and direct mounted pickups... and after a certain year one of the sexiest cases ever.. i just love rubbing my hand on the red interior of prestige cases..

but yeah he should buy that
even if it doesnt come with a case. I'm half asleep and thought he was from europe. Forgot the irish use euros.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Oct 4, 2011,
I've only ever had blacvk ( 1997 ) or blue ( 2003/2005/2005/2002 )

yeah its like another country over there...

cowboy builders and indians and shit.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb

actually you can get the bbc etc. down south perfectly easily.

but yeah it's crazy shit. yellow street signs and green post boxes. like bizarro world.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

actually you can get the bbc etc. down south perfectly easily.

but yeah it's crazy shit. yellow street signs and green post boxes. like bizarro world.

Irony

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
you might need a booster in some areas though. heck an indoor aeriel here up north in parts isn't guaranteed to get it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like Norfolk tbh. Strange place that.

Anyway, TS buy that RG I found you. If you dont your either stupid or mental or both

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb

yeah maybe it's just the area i'm in, a lot of hills and stuff which mess with the reception
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tom 1.0
then your in the wrong game, that money you spend on upgrades could be used to just buy a good guitar in the first place.

if you have to justify why you modded something you just look silly, unless you want to be the guy who modded a squier "because its the best MIC neck I ever felt hurdurr" and a cheap floyd? Plan upgrading that? thats £200 alone

or buy this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-RG1570-Prestige-Mirage-Blue-Electric-Guitar-/220865795677?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item336ca0965d#ht_500wt_1287

and be happy.

That turns into, what, 450 or 500 american dollars?

Seriously I never see anything that amazing for that low here

Craigslist here sucks, I think.. People overprice EVERYTHING. So nothing sells. And then for the next 14 months you see the same 8 things over, and over, and over, and over, and over....