Hey Guys, I like playing a lot of Trivium on my guitar and also Bullet For My Valentine and general heavy metal really, At the moment I have a line 6 spider 4 15 watt amp, It's a good amp but I just want to upgrade, I asked Corey from Trivium on facebook and he recommended a Peavy Vyper 30 watt, also I wouldn't mind spending roughly £200, don't mind if it's a bit less or a bit more, and if you want to also recommend some pedals/effects as well that will be useful. Thanks!arial
buy my vypyr and then some beer \m/\m/

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
holy shit, corey from trivium's recommending gear?

how do we compete with that?

EDIT: to clarify, i wasn't making fun of his advice, which sounds pretty sound. Or him for that matter. I was more making fun of us here

However, do you have another budget for pedals? your post implies that you might. if you add that to your amp budget, you might be able to get a better amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 4, 2011,
check my edit

but i don't have any questions to ask him
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jet city jca2112rc with a bad monkey or boss sd1 or any other cheap overdrive to boost it into metal.
Probably not completely ideal (its more of a 80s rock amp but can get quite heavy with a boost) but its the best for the budget unless you stumble accross a used steal
Heres a clip of mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ew6C9TlWvU
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Oct 4, 2011,
Quote by Dave_Mc
check my edit

but i don't have any questions to ask him

Oh right sorry xD
Well I got quite a bit of cash at the minute so money isn't really a problem,
Pedals can be a separate price really so feel free to recommend them
Forgot to say the jet city jca2112rcs can be had for 199 off ebay straight from the distributor right now.
+1, unless you up your budget considerably (we're probably talking about doubling it, unless you get, as csa said, a used steal) you're not likely to do better than the jet city.

I should add that I haven't tried them, though.

EDIT: you could probably even get it slightly less than 199 as they're "buy it now or best offer"...

EDIT #2: i really like the tonerider pedals, if you ask me they're about the best bang-for-buck pedals available at the moment. joyo/harley benton-rebranded joyo, based on my more limited experience of them, are very nice too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 5, 2011,
I have a Randall RG75G2 and it's ****ing awesome for any type of metal. Got it for £62 on ebay, definitely try and find one used, the RG50TC (tube version) is even better.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Dave_Mc
+1, unless you up your budget considerably (we're probably talking about doubling it, unless you get, as csa said, a used steal) you're not likely to do better than the jet city.

I should add that I haven't tried them, though.

EDIT: you could probably even get it slightly less than 199 as they're "buy it now or best offer"...

EDIT #2: i really like the tonerider pedals, if you ask me they're about the best bang-for-buck pedals available at the moment. joyo/harley benton-rebranded joyo, based on my more limited experience of them, are very nice too.

You might get them for 190 to be safe. I'd start at 180/185 it auto rejects teh offers
yeah i mean you might as well lowball to start with
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah crap
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?